General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new biker movie

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:39 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new biker movie

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

It seems some people are a little offended at the movie, maybe because it hits a little close to home. I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this board are suburban bikers, upper middle classjust like in the movie. I am, I live in the suburbs and I write software for a living for the CDC, Coke, Bellsouth and other such companies. Atthe office there are a couple of Harley riders, they are MD's, Phd's some are MD's with Phd's, what does that make them??Even Sean and Heather while they are waay cool, are upper middle classsuburban bikers, they live in a nice house in what appears to be a nice neighborhood and I bet, heaven forbid,they even own a cage or two, the humanity of it all.[] Also, they don't always dress as bikers, there is a photo of them somewhere around this forum with their daughter at a wedding and they make an absolutely handsome, good looking family. By far my favorite picture out of all the ones I have seen.

Face it, none of us live out of our saddle bags and live the nomadic life most supposed "real" bikers portray, maybe once or twice a year when you go to Sturgis or Daytona, with the rest of the upper middle class suburbanites, while we are on vacation from our jobs, but normally we don't live that life style. Nothing is more irratating than people trying to portray themselves as billy badass biker when they are actually middle class suburbanites with full time jobs who can afford to buy, insure, fuel and ride a motorcycle.

sounds about right

Old 02-09-2007, 02:39 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: JollyRogers

* The original script and log line featured the HELLS ANGELS but was later revised to the DEL FUEGOS after the famous club sued Disney.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486946/trivia
I want to know who in the world would ever know that to sue a company.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

You guys are getting way too bent out of shape about this. It's a movie, mere escapist entertainment, something to laugh at. WE all know someone who bought a midlife crisis Bike, sports car, boat, beach house, kayak, hang glider, ____________ (fill in blank). WE all know folks who did exacly the same thing. We're just glad it is not US......right?

just laugh, don't think

Bubba

Old 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Wldtat
Cruiser

I watched that trailer three times now and it is absolutely hillarious. The one scene were Macey does that fist touching thing and looses control had me laughing my butt off. The idea that somebody threw out hereearlier of having a bike night at a theater when it opens would be great and a lot of fun.
Actually, my localdealer California HDhas rented out a theater. I bought my tickets last night. $10.00 for the movie, and a small coke and small popcorn is a pretty good deal. They sold over 100 tickets the first day.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Dick Johnson
Tourer

Should be a good one

Old 02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Aces N Eights

I watched that trailer three times now and it is absolutely hillarious. The one scene were Macey does that fist touching thing and looses control had me laughing my butt off. The idea that somebody threw out hereearlier of having a bike night at a theater when it opens would be great and a lot of fun.
I would be all over a bike night on opening night.
Count me in.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Aces N Eights

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

ORIGINAL: jlefty
It seems some people are a little offended at the movie, maybe because it hits a little close to home. I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this board are suburban bikers, upper middle classjust like in the movie.
I'm not going to be offended, its whyI plan to see it, so I can watchsomebody else, just like mebeing stupid.

After all the best humoralways has some basis in fact.
Thank you, I am going to see too!! Hell, I may even go all leathered up in chaps, vest, T-Shirt and Harley doo rag.

Thats how I dress when I'm ridin' and my wife and I plan on ridin' to see the movie. We'll see ya there in leather with a doo rag!