General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new biker movie

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:09 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new biker movie

I don't know...looks pretty funny to me. And I once read somewhere that the avg. Harley owner is a mid 40's, middle management type. Maybe the stereotype is true?? (This was many years ago, and my response then was "Well, of course...they're the only ones who can afford them!!") Let's face it, according to Hollywood, motorcyclists only comes in two varieties; hardcore Hell's Angels type, or weak *** suburbanite suffering through a mid life crisis, who buys a bike on a whim, does something incredibly foolish, and then listens to their wife's common sense, and goes back to driving the kids to the soccer games in the minivan. You never see anyone in the movies who just rides because it is something they love doing. Either way, as someone comment earlier...it is a movie, not a documentary, and a comedy at that. (Was I the only one who laughed at John Travolta laying into the kid for not wanting to rake all those leaves for $10?? LOL) I'll probably give it a looksee...

Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

I'm not much for PR hoopla, but if there is a "Bike Night" event at the cinema when it opens in March that could be a fun thing to see in itself! Betcha there's gonna be some MoCo or local promo.
Actually, our Hog Chapter is having a bike night at the local theater on March 2 for the opening of the movie AND this Friday night the stunt coordinator for the movie will be at our meeting sharing about the making of the movie and showing some outtakes.Should be interesting to say the least. I know Rub-a-dub-dub. Flame me

Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
The Punisher
Banned

[sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 02-07-2007, 06:14 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm gonna ride through the front doors into the lobby and up the steps into the theater...crack the throttle during all the funny parts and hell...I just might **** in someone's popcorn...haven't decided that part yet.

Don't take it so damn seriously...like my buds mom used to say, "You'd be surprised by how little attention other people pay to you."

Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
bosnmate
Banned

ORIGINAL: zombie

I'm gonna ride through the front doors into the lobby and up the steps into the theater...crack the throttle during all the funny parts and hell...I just might **** in someone's popcorn...haven't decided that part yet.

Don't take it so damn seriously...like my buds mom used to say, "You'd be surprised by how little attention other people pay to you."
So you're going to play the part of Ray Liotta while at the theatre??

Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks to be funny and I'm definitly planning to see it.

The only people that are going to be pissed are the middle aged RUB's that will take it personally.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:42 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bosnmate

ORIGINAL: zombie

So you're going to play the part of Ray Liotta while at the theatre??
LOL...it's entirely possible

Old 02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

so tell us what are we?we all come from all back grounds to do one thing to ride.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:20 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the great part will be, what hey do in the sound studio,,,, you will see 4 harleys headed down the highway,,,, but the sound you hear will be 4 motocross bikes,
rippin through the gears!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 02:35 PM
3dynaP
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It ought to be pretty funny.

Quick Reply: new biker movie