General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new biker movie

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new biker movie

So does this movie mean that since I make enough money to qualify as "Upper Middle Class" that I'm just having a mid-life crisis? Gee, and all those years of hard work, scrounging for every dollar to afford any motorcycle I could ride was wasted! I want a refund!

Old 12-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02

I can't wait it looks hellarious !Maybe it'll make a bunch of guys go out and buy new harley's and then decide it's not for them and sell them therefor flooding the market with a bunch of newer low mileage bikes and running prices down.
Too late, it's already happened.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:29 PM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems some people are a little offended at the movie, maybe because it hits a little close to home. I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this board are suburban bikers, upper middle classjust like in the movie. I am, I live in the suburbs and I write software for a living for the CDC, Coke, Bellsouth and other such companies. Atthe office there are a couple of Harley riders, they are MD's, Phd's some are MD's with Phd's, what does that make them??Even Sean and Heather while they are waay cool, are upper middle classsuburban bikers, they live in a nice house in what appears to be a nice neighborhood and I bet, heaven forbid,they even own a cage or two, the humanity of it all.[] Also, they don't always dress as bikers, there is a photo of them somewhere around this forum with their daughter at a wedding and they make an absolutely handsome, good looking family. By far my favorite picture out of all the ones I have seen.

Face it, none of us live out of our saddle bags and live the nomadic life most supposed "real" bikers portray, maybe once or twice a year when you go to Sturgis or Daytona, with the rest of the upper middle class suburbanites, while we are on vacation from our jobs, but normally we don't live that life style. Nothing is more irratating than people trying to portray themselves as billy badass biker when they are actually middle class suburbanites with full time jobs who can afford to buy, insure, fuel and ride a motorcycle.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:40 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: jlefty
It seems some people are a little offended at the movie, maybe because it hits a little close to home. I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this board are suburban bikers, upper middle classjust like in the movie.
I'm not going to be offended, its whyI plan to see it, so I can watchsomebody else, just like mebeing stupid.

After all the best humoralways has some basis in fact.

Besides I'm old enough not to give a rat's rear end what "most" people think. I gave up trying to make people like me a long time ago. If you don't like me for who and what I am, its your loss not mine.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:46 PM
bosnmate
Banned

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

It seems some people are a little offended at the movie, maybe because it hits a little close to home. I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this board are suburban bikers, upper middle classjust like in the movie.
I'm not going to be offended, its whyI plan to see it, so I can watchsomebody else, just like mebeing stupid.

After all the best humoralways has some basis in fact.
Thank you, I am going to see too!! Hell, I may even go all leathered up in chaps, vest, T-Shirt and Harley doo rag.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:03 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

* The original script and log line featured the HELLS ANGELS but was later revised to the DEL FUEGOS after the famous club sued Disney.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486946/trivia

Old 12-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

It seems some people are a little offended at the movie, maybe because it hits a little close to home. I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this board are suburban bikers, upper middle classjust like in the movie. I am, I live in the suburbs and I write software for a living for the CDC, Coke, Bellsouth and other such companies. Atthe office there are a couple of Harley riders, they are MD's, Phd's some are MD's with Phd's, what does that make them??Even Sean and Heather while they are waay cool, are upper middle classsuburban bikers, they live in a nice house in what appears to be a nice neighborhood and I bet, heaven forbid,they even own a cage or two, the humanity of it all.[] Also, they don't always dress as bikers, there is a photo of them somewhere around this forum with their daughter at a wedding and they make an absolutely handsome, good looking family. By far my favorite picture out of all the ones I have seen.

Face it, none of us live out of our saddle bags and live the nomadic life most supposed "real" bikers portray, maybe once or twice a year when you go to Sturgis or Daytona, with the rest of the upper middle class suburbanites, while we are on vacation from our jobs, but normally we don't live that life style. Nothing is more irratating than people trying to portray themselves as billy badass biker when they are actually middle class suburbanites with full time jobs who can afford to buy, insure, fuel and ride a motorcycle.
A film's a film whether contains motorcycles or not.It's all been done before,this film sounds like "City Slickers" with Billy Crystal and Jack Palance,except it's got bikes instead of cattle.

My take on it probably sounds somewhat harsh,but between going to the theater and renting DVD's I only sit through about 15 movies a year and rarely watch TV.

Tried watching the trailer a few minutes ago,got a good laugh out of one line,otherwise looksreally stupid.But hey that's my opinion,I've got good friends who would laugh their butts of at it.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Likes most movies its probably best to go in, sit down, put your brain in nuteral, and just enjoy it.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:11 AM
speed8988
Cruiser

Watch...they probably are going to be riding Yamahas or honda Metric cruisers instead of harleys.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh SNAP! Hysterical!! Thanks Smitty for the link to the movie-trailer. I must see this movie. Looks very entertaining.

Quick Reply: new biker movie