General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Think This Would Fly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 12:47 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Do You Think This Would Fly?

Buy a used bike and with the money you save buy your chrome.

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:11 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: Wayward Son

Sure that might fly (on an 06). You might wanna check the weather reports to see if hell froze over today, if you are looking at an 07.
Well, what do you think is a reasonable offer then?
State make, model, parts you want installed, and any other requirement and I can make a more educated guess. On your side is the timing. Best time of the year to dicker is prolly January.

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:20 PM
Milt
Banned

Why don't you strap your ***** on,and go to your local dealer to see what they offer? All the rhetoric in the ****in world is guesswork.

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:25 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master

Sounds like a great starting point. Doubt they will accept but I would be interestedto heartheir counter offer.

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:46 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

MSRP - $1,000 + $335 (Freight) + $50(Doc Fees if Any) - You can probably get very close to this. There are a couple of dealers in OR that do this.

20% off parts and free installation at the time of purchase. - 20% off parts should be easy to get. Lot's of dealers do this now. Free labor to install is going to be the tough part. I would start with this, but settle for 50% off labor. There is a dealership in OR runs a 20% off parts, 50% off labor w/ purchase of new bike several times a year.

20% off parts and clothing for an additional 90 days but not free installation - This sounds a little greedy to me. You can get at least 20% off from Zanottis everyday of the week all year long.

BTW - Your first accessory should always be a service manual. With that handy book, you can install any accessory you want right in your own garage, no need to pay someone else. It feels so much better when you do it yourself to.

Old 12-29-2006 | 01:53 PM
mlgoheen
Advanced

I got 20% off partsfor a full year

Old 12-29-2006 | 02:01 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Las Vegas Harley is advertising a "Sales Tax Credit" right now until Dec. 31. I assume that means that they will discount from MSRP a like amount that the buyer is going to pay in State Sales Tax (8%). Of course what they don't say is that right now in Nevada, there is NO sales tax on any vehicle sale from private party to private party. That will probably change as soon as the next session of the State Legislators. So, right now it pays to purchase used in Nevada. ............. BC

Old 12-29-2006 | 02:07 PM
BadBobOk
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Milt

Why don't you strap your ***** on,and go to your local dealer to see what they offer? All the rhetoric in the ****in world is guesswork.
Because I could care less what the dealer offers. All that matters is what I'm willing to offer and that's why I'm seeking advice here. Like they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Old 12-29-2006 | 02:09 PM
BadBobOk
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

MSRP - $1,000 + $335 (Freight) + $50(Doc Fees if Any) - You can probably get very close to this. There are a couple of dealers in OR that do this.

20% off parts and free installation at the time of purchase. - 20% off parts should be easy to get. Lot's of dealers do this now. Free labor to install is going to be the tough part. I would start with this, but settle for 50% off labor. There is a dealership in OR runs a 20% off parts, 50% off labor w/ purchase of new bike several times a year.

20% off parts and clothing for an additional 90 days but not free installation - This sounds a little greedy to me. You can get at least 20% off from Zanottis everyday of the week all year long.

BTW - Your first accessory should always be a service manual. With that handy book, you can install any accessory you want right in your own garage, no need to pay someone else. It feels so much better when you do it yourself to.
Thanks Biggzed. This is the kind of advice that I'm looking for.

Old 12-29-2006 | 02:14 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

Assuming you have an ebay account, or know someone who does, you can look at the 07 model catagory (i.e. softail) you are interested in, on the left hand side is a check box called 'completed listings' you check that box (you will be asked to enter your ebay account at this point), and it will show you all the (example) softails that completed auctions. The ones with price in green are transactions that met reserve. They are supposed to be actual transactions. Be careful, and use common sense, because some could be shills.

You now have a lowball value on what you might be able to purchase a similiar bike for. The only real problem here, is you are probably going to only find used bikes, rarely new ones. Still, this gives you a ballpark idea of where you should be without taking it in the shorts too bad.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Do You Think This Would Fly?