Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 patch set up on jacket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Thanks for your service brother. I don't see you having a problem with your vest the way you described it. Post some pics...

Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 PM
FireRider61
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fly those patches proudly.God bless you and thank you for your commitment,heroism and service....Lets not forget the original 1% club were combat veterans if the younger generation dont get it thats a shame

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
tonka45
Cruiser

You earned the right, deserve the right and Paid for the right! As everyone has said wear it with pride!

Thank you from another vet!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Low Down
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

To the OP - thank you for your service! I'm not part of a MC, but know some people that are, and they take their club **** very seriously. The colors they wear is their uniform and what they will die defending. Kind of like what your uniform is to you... it defines what you represent, and you wear it prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for what you defend.

Wear what you want. I hope you don't get any **** over it.

This is an interesting read...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-p...ned-in-ok.html

Just another perspective of the topic.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain

http://movieclips.com/rZXFU-office-s...flair-minimum/

Proper Etiquette when adding patches

Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 AM
JEDHRMC
Advanced

OP: Honor and respects to you for your service.

Question: What would your reaction be to some wannabe ****** who walked around dressed up like a seal or some other branch of the military acting like an a**hole.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfly
Just want to say that I was one of MANY people who protested the Vietnam war. And we never protested against the people who served our country. For one thing we knew that kids were drafted into that place and we were in line ourselves. It was a god-awful period in our lives, not the first or last. Wars are mostly started and run by people in high places who never have to pay the costs. Anyone who disrespected the troops would have been shunned by the people I knew. Thank you for your service to our country.
Huh, wish I'd met some of the ones like you. Unfortunately, the ones I had the pleasure of meeting outside the 32nd Street Naval Station in San Diego liked to scream obscenities, spit, and toss bags of excrement at us when we walked out the gates. But that was a long time ago and is just something that happened way back then. Back to the topic at hand ...

Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,958 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Mi3ninos (a respected PH) sed: I like it. Seriously.

armydawg (the OP) sed: I brought this up because I was reading online that some vet's were getting **** from other MC's and did some research and found that its not good biker ettiquette to have the three patch set up. Also it seemed that the guy's that were getting **** were wearing vest's did'nt know if that had anything to do with it? I WISH NO DISRESPECT to any MC just proud and want to show MY colors!

jluvs2ride (respected VMC PH) sed: Hey wear it. Be proud of your service. And thanks BTW.

On the other hand if a bunch of your buddies like your patch setup and duplicate it and y'all add an MC cube, and y'all ride together and act like a club then the dominant club in your state may want to talk to you.

cjwanner2000 sed: The reason the vet clubs have no issues with the dominant clubs in their area is mainly due to respect. There is a protocol to be followed when starting any club in a new area. (Snip) ... nobody will hassle you. For one, there is no MC patch. For two, nobody messes with the vet clubs. They are generally respected by all.

armydawg, I cobbed the above together just to put in one place most of what matters about this more-or-less non-issue. You should've been able to figure out that what you have is not going to be a problem with any reasonable PHs you run into. Good on you for doing the research, and having respect enough to ask the question.

Most times stuff like this never becomes a problem. Yep, there are exceptions, usually brought on by either someone in the MC stepping outside the norms, or by someone outside the MC world flouting MC traditions. Both these situations are wrong, but both can have consequences.

Lastly, if any vets are thinking about committing to a VMC, do some research. Most VMCs are well-respected within the MC community, as noted above. But, there are exceptions. And understand that the good VMCs choose to operate within the MC community for the opportunities available to help with the vet community, and because there is something about being a brother in an MC that is similar to that of a tight military unit.

Thanks to those who served, and to those serving now.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I say wear them......and defy anyone to give you any **** about it! Thank you for your service.