General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidsons in Movies

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:34 PM
scrappy883r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Davidsons in Movies

How manymovieshave been madeout Harley Davidsons in them? I am thinking of starting a DVD collection on this theme. Here is a picture of one of my favorite HD's in the movie Grand Theft Parsons.Trailer http://film.virgin.net/player/play.a...in&sec=trl

Old 12-28-2006, 12:49 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley Davidsons in Movies

Heres an obvious one, but I think the bike is badazz!

[IMG]local://upfiles/19385/A2D0D7DAA40E4C8D905FA9AC0FAC3B44.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
vinnypie
Cruiser

i have to say the movie that made me fall in love with the fatboy; terminator

Old 12-28-2006, 02:24 PM
harleygold
Tourer

You all see the trailer to this one yet?

Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and William H. Macy hit the road in this rollicking comedy-adventure about a group of middle-aged friends who decide to rev up their routine suburban lives with a freewheeling motorcycle trip. Taking a long dreamed-of breather from their stressful jobs and family responsibilities, they can't wait to feel the freedom of the open road.

Wild Hogs

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...iler&hl=en

Old 12-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,801 Likes on 793 Posts

ORIGINAL: vinnypie

i have to say the movie that made me fall in love with the fatboy; terminator
Terminator 2, that is!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 331 Posts

dudes....if you don't have Easy Riders with Pete Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson, then you done have a harley movie. That is what having a bike represents to me. To bad I cant just cut and run and do what they did!!

Old 12-28-2006, 04:06 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

I watched "Then Came Bronson" religiously as a kid. I could quote all the lines. I really loved that sporty!

Old 12-28-2006, 05:45 PM
SquishFace
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Clammy

Terminator 2, that is!
I was going to say. I think Ah-nuld rode a Kawasaki (not a Ninja, the other 1984 Kawasaki) in the 1st movie. In the second movie the liquid-metal guy rode a Kawasaki Kz1000P police cruiser. Maybe the director likes Kaws?

Anyway.... 1st, good luck counting the 60 bajillion B and C grade biker movies that had Harleys during the late 60s and early 70s. (The Wild Angels is the best "biker" movie, if that gives you any idea how godawful most 60's drive-in trash was). A few of the more modern movies would include.....

*The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984). No, Its not a joke and this is a real movie title. Peter Weller plays Buckaroo Banzai, a brain-surgeon/rock star/ninja/experimental vehicle test pilot. Anyway, while chasing saome aliens that stole something he steals an AMF-era Sportser off the back of an Harley-Davidson truck and gives chase. Even has the awesdomely 80's square speedomoter!

*Stone Cold (1991). Brian Bosworth "stars" in this bomb about a cop who has to infiltrate a biker gang or something. Watch this and you'll know why Brian Bosworth never became a big star.

*Beyond The Law (1992). Cop turned biker take 2!. This time a much more compotent Charlie Sheen is the cop who must infiltrate a biker gang to do something only an undercover cop on the edge can do. Highlights inlcude a mechanic named *****, and Michael Madsen cracking some poor county-boy's head open with a baseball bat. Good times.

*Wanted: Dead or Alive (1987). Rutger Hauer plays a bounty-hunter searching for a (you guessed it) Islamic terrorist. The best part of the movie being watching him stuff a hand grenade down someone throat and blowing them up real good! Somehow the film director believes a stock 883 Sportster can outrun a 750cc sportbike (!?!).

*Chopper Chicks In Zombietown (1991). Yes the movie sucks. But with a title like that, how could you go wrong in renting it? [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-28-2006, 06:11 PM
ride99fxd
Cruiser

Don't forget "The Wild One". Don't know if there were any Harley's in it. Brando was riding a British bike.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:46 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 309 Posts

My all time favorite is Masters of Menance. A comedy about a biker gang in Ca that causes all kinds of problems. The best part is when they are having a big funeral for one of their guys who gets killed on this wild drag bike and their lawyer says what a nice service for the guy and the leader tells him that was for his bike, Funny comedy and a great song about Beer

[IMG]local://upfiles/15605/05648BADF8D346299A3E0594DE0068F7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Harley Davidsons in Movies