General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperTrapp/ Kerker Stout slip on's- Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM
ScottMacElliott
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kerker Stouts have a wicked sound!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
12limited
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put a set of 4" SuperTrapp Stouts on my 12 limited. I listened to all those YouTube vids and read the articles about all that extra torque and horse power. I kinda doubt those numbers could be that good also, but I feel they may do better than some other pipes around. I am gonna have my bike tuned in the next week or so, by the dealer...Screamin Eagle pro Race tuner... I am not sure I am gonna be able to prove those numbers are from the pipes with the addition of the Pro Tuner and air filter installed. We will see. They say in the fine print, with free flowing air filter and a properly tuned bike...you can expect these results...

I kinda screwed up when ordered got mine. I ordered the 4" stouts for my year model bike. Them dang things were straight pipes...LOUD as hell. So loud your ears would ring after a couple of hours of riding. I was really afraid I was gonna get stopped by the POPO around town, and I was trying to be quiet.
Seems the pipes I ordered we supposed to be with stock headers with Cats still installed. My cats have be gutted. So they really rattled the windows.

Contracted Supertrapp and I had to purchase a set of cores for the earlier model bikes that did not put the cats in the headers. Got them installed and now I have a nice rumble and I can actually feel more torque. We rode all day saturday with the straight through cores and all day sunday with replacement cores. The same roads and I could tell it would walk up them hills in 6th with a passenger and not seem to bog down.
So it was a costly mistake but I am very pleased with the sound and added torque now. I was waiting till I settled on a set of slip-ons before I had this bike Dynoed.
I am ready now. I will try to let yall know what kinda numbers I got after the dyno in a couple of weeks.
My buddy just had his new 13 street glide done and he went from 63.9 to 75.5 HP and 83 to 92.8 ft/bls torque on his with stock header de-catted and Hines exhaust. We will see if I do better than that. I am using the same tuner at the same dealer and same dyno. I will pleased with his numbers. His bike had less than 100 miles mine has over 22000. I am hoping for more torque with these pipes.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a set on over a year ago.
If you order them, the ones for the 09's are quieter.
The ones for the 10's and up are louder

The 09 had the catalyst converter in the muffler is why the 09's are quieter.
I'm burn't out on loud pipes.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i just watched a couple of baggernation.com youtube videos with paul yaffee doing the presentation. the mufflers sound very deep and much nicer than rineharts or any other sort of slip on i've heard. they look like a glasspack muffler and pretty well straight through with a large outlet opening. i'm in no hurry to make my new 2013 road glide ultra too loud, but i really don't want to build the motor. a bit more authority in the exhaust note would be a welcome addition though. if you guys get a chance, do a youtube search on paul yaffee/supertrap stouts. worth a listen anyway.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by emwolb
i just watched a couple of baggernation.com youtube videos with paul yaffee doing the presentation. the mufflers sound very deep and much nicer than rineharts or any other sort of slip on i've heard. they look like a glasspack muffler and pretty well straight through with a large outlet opening. i'm in no hurry to make my new 2013 road glide ultra too loud, but i really don't want to build the motor. a bit more authority in the exhaust note would be a welcome addition though. if you guys get a chance, do a youtube search on paul yaffee/supertrap stouts. worth a listen anyway.
Paul Yaffee will be at the Lonestar Rally that starts today
If you want to spend the nite look at motels in Alvin, Tx its 20 miles away

http://www.lonestarrally.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0lR...eature=related