General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAMing
Looks like a great way to let a complete big bike novice get a slight sensation of riding, including the clutch and shifting. Simply put: They've GOT to develop new market.

It's a cinch the batch of whiney, crotchety guys that are quick to point their finger and shout "POSER!" isn't Harley's future. Crap, many of you guys are too busy witch-hunting the forums for any suspicious "POSER" posting, debating what is a REAL BIKER, arguing about waving etc, etc, ad nauseum, to actually get out and do any actual RIDING.

Boy... some of you "Harley guys" turn into spodes in a hurry.

"Lighten up Francis".
Amen brother and a big +1. I'd rather spend my time riding than worrying about all of the "rules" to be cool and accepted.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,772 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Steeltoe
Hey, the MOCO has to sell them to someone.
We old farts aren't buying many new ones.....
Yeah - I'm suprised HD hasn't slapped a MOCO sticker on a coffin and over charge $1000+ MSRP for it. Hey maybe we could get burried in a HD M/C shipping crate. LOL
You know I'm on to something right there.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM
suburban redneck
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-28-2012, 09:32 AM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
Yeah - I'm suprised HD hasn't slapped a MOCO sticker on a coffin and over charge $1000+ MSRP for it. Hey maybe we could get burried in a HD M/C shipping crate. LOL
You know I'm on to something right there.
www.eaglecaskets.com/ lol

Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My $0.02 is that this is smart marketing. H-D is losing market share to the European bike companies. Life-long riders out there wrenching their panhead out in the garage is not going to save the Company. Ain't no secret that all the cycle corp's are chasing after the same treasure: Female riders, and younger riders.

The marketing challenge with newer riders is that many of them are steered towards small "starter" bikes. H-D doesn't make a 250cc Rebel, nor do we want them to. This simulator thing is a great way to get someone on a 700-lb bike when they would otherwise be looking at a lightweight piece of plastic some other place.

I remember what it was like to be a new rider. And I don't mean monkeying around on a little dirt bike as a kid, I mean 'real' riding. Can anyone reading this honestly say that there was no learning curve at all, they learned their first time by hopping on a "full-sized" bike and riding off into the sunset like Steve McQueen? No nerves, no having to figger out shifting and countersteering and throttle, just jumped on a loaded bagger and took off for Sturgis the first time out on the road? Well if so, good for you. Ya liar. lol

Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would jump there and crank that thng wide open LOL! I'm so sick of the poser thing, ride your bike and don't worry about what others are doing as long as they are not hurting you.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Brilliant marketing.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
afoulsmell
Road Captain

Originally Posted by suburban redneck

That's one of the best movies ever made! Cheech and Chong's Next Movie. Buy it- you'll love it.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM
rdb1976
Road Master

My dealer has had this thing for over a year now. I've got nothing against it. It's a whole lot better than training wheels.

The more people that learn the joy of riding Harley means less people riding those ridiculous CanAm-backward-trike thingies.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Seems like a good idea to me, Im not seeing the "poser" part about it. Yeah video shows people wearing Chucks, black boots, bandana hanging out pocket... **** you can see that x's 100 at a mall.
Im all for it, hell my girlfriend would love a front seat feel of a harley.

Last edited by Smokey Burnouts; 03-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG