General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

A brilliant marketing tool. I recently encouraged a friend who was completely against motorcycles to hit the start button on my bike. Two weeks later he bought a brand new Super Glide Custom.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im sorry but I thought the definition of the word poser is someone who portrays a lifestyle or image but doesn't really do what comes with it? Like a wanna be skater who doesnt skate or a punk rocker who does play in a band. Or someone who dresses like a biker but doesn't ride.

Calling people names that you clearly lack the understanding of what they mean because they want to ride or learn to ride is just stupid. An shows how ignorant you are as a person. Harley is a business and if they need to depend on old ****** like you to keep them alive they will surely go out of business.

I commend harley for making that, I grew up riding dirt bikes and wheelers. An have always liked harley but never rode one. Then I rode my buddies harley and fell in love and bought my own asap. Maybe a machine like that will do that same thing for so many others. Or hey maybe they can just let this iconic American brand that so many love just die away because hey we don't want no posers here.....Grow up.

Last edited by Captain Smooth; 03-28-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Gee just like the kiddies quarter rides they have outside K-Mart , wonder when those will make it to Sturgis ?
kiddies get made in sturgis every year

Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
Can't view link... Fu(k... However, the more.people on two wheels, the better for everyone. Win, win.

(At least we agree on one thing, BP...)

I went to my local HD a few months ago and saw this thing in use...Calling it 'poser' is just plain stupid. I live in a military town (home of Camp lejeune Marine Corps Base) and there are guys/gals that never had a chance to get on 2 wheels, because they were kind busy following Uncle Sam's orders overseas... I think it's a hella good idea to give these people who are new to 2-wheels the opportunity without worrying about dropping the scoot. I grew up in a Harley family, so I was in it young... Not everyone else did.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
afoulsmell
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, Panz, that commercial is 180 degrees out of phase with the recent anti-stereotypical rider ones. Yeah, I like that one much better. Can the Moco have their cake and eat it too? The same product can appeal to so many different types of folks? Well maybe appeal, but I bet they don't end up buying too many.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm surprised HD hasn't come out with some sort of play station video game or "I'm a biker" I phone app.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Zuul
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Training Wheels

Simulators don't work - just ask any jet pilot...er...wait...nevermind.

Anything that keeps a newbie from running into someone on a ride, road or sidewalk can't be all bad.

Plus it does keep everything moving forward by allowing a 'safer on-ramp' for fresh meat.

Riding is a feeling that I have totally failed at explaining to my friends and family. They see the love in my eyes but I can't make them understand. Apparently I suck at expressing my feelings, but maybe I can drag my brother/friend's newbie *** over to one of these devices and let him take a trip without leaving the farm in order to get hooked. Maybe if they can feel it for themselves they'll understand.

Besides, all the cool kids are doing it.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM
afoulsmell
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is learning to ride on the conveyor belt akin to being a test-tube baby, sort of?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take someone who's never been on a bike and let them get familiar with how it feels without the fear of crashing?
What's wrong with that?

Edit: ok, I "lol'd" at the test tube baby thing.....

Old 03-27-2012, 08:02 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Back in the early 50's I bought my first new bike. The guy asked "Do you know how to ride?" I said yes! Kick started that sucker and made it home without crashing. Learned more and more every day. It was my go to high school and part time job after school for a couple years. Rode winter and summer. I was free at last!!! Free at last!

Silly me, I was moving up from a 40's Whizzer with belt drive and automatic clutch.

Quick Reply: Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG