General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 401 Likes on 268 Posts

Can't view link... Fu(k... However, the more.people on two wheels, the better for everyone. Win, win.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,640 Posts

When I'm old & grey...I'll want some training wheels for my scoot...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG???? are you 14?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:57 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Double edged sword for me. I learned to ride (and drive) the old fashioned way: had a buddy show me what to do on a Suzuki 90 when I was about 12 years old. Here is the clutch, brakes, shifter, etc. Hope on and go!

Of course, it was a dirt bike and I lived out in the boonies so lots of trails. By the time I was ready for the street I had years of experience kicking the back and front ends out.

The Motor Company has to keep getting new customers. they can only get so much of the existing market share so they want to get new riders. For us older guys who have been riding for a while things changed with the Evos, the first "reliable" Harley. No longer did you have to be a wrench or ride with one and it opened the market up to many new riders. I no longer have a lot in common with many of these riders other than they own and ride a Harley.

We used to have a saying, "Why do they make rice burners? To keep the ******** off the Harleys!"

On the good side, HD makes some pretty good bikes now and many models to choose from. I have met some great people that may not have ever owned a Harley before. Another plus is that many new HD riders never understood why we liked them so much until they got on one. Now they understand and I don't have to try to explain it to them, which you know is impossible (For those who understand, no explanation is needed.....etc etc).

Old 03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 368 Posts

I need one of those. I wonder if you can hook the rollers up to a computer and have your own makeshift dyno

WIN!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Why is it that people think someone new to Harley is a "poser"?? I guess the definition of poser in some people's minds are those that weren't born on a Harley 60 years ago.

But also think how boring the internet would be if we didn't have people making fools of themselves on it.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:12 PM
JBourquin
Road Master

First place I saw one of those was a year ago when I was deployed to Bahrain, Are they new here in the states??

Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

If they are gonna have those they could at least put a decent set of pipes on the carnival ride.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,296 Likes on 1,507 Posts

This IMHO is still one of the best...

http://youtu.be/aqS2gjonP_E

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
LAMing
Road Master

Looks like a great way to let a complete big bike novice get a slight sensation of riding, including the clutch and shifting. Simply put: They've GOT to develop new market.

It's a cinch the batch of whiney, crotchety guys that are quick to point their finger and shout "POSER!" isn't Harley's future. Crap, many of you guys are too busy witch-hunting the forums for any suspicious "POSER" posting, debating what is a REAL BIKER, arguing about waving etc, etc, ad nauseum, to actually get out and do any actual RIDING.

Boy... some of you "Harley guys" turn into spodes in a hurry.

"Lighten up Francis".

Quick Reply: Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG