General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree dumb as hell. people who cant ride get on one think they can then get on the real deal and DEAD!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the video on their website with the "motorcycle club" is even worse.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,866 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Contrary to popular belief amongst some here new blood and people who are buying new bikes not losers like me who prefer to fix up old bikes are what keeps Harley alive. Someone who may get on that bike stand who wants a Harley may buy a bike and that is good for all of us.

And for those who don't like yuppies, posers, the new breed whatever. 2 things... at some point someone more than likely complained about you being the new breed of of idiot rider (unless you are 100 plus yrs old) and secondly if you don't like someone you can always avoid them.

There is approximately eleventy billion Harley owners in this area. I avoid the vast majority of them and even more avoid me. And that is ok.

I don't want to sound like a can't we all just get along type of guy but seriously can't we at least give folks some points for actually picking the brand of bike we all love?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its for people that never had to shift a bike or car. It is a good first introduction to MC and shifting. You get the shifting down without worry of dumping the bike.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
kps_Shovel
Cruiser

doesnt look like a poser thing to me, it looks like it would give a real feel to a complete newbie. everyone cant ride old iron, or learn how to work & maintain it, modern bikes dont require as much maintenance, if customer had to do all maintenance, like the old bikes need, they might not want in this exclusive club?

I dont normally deal wiith any dealerships, a good part of the ones I have tried to use, basically refuse to wait on me, or I have to personally get someones attention, & even then I have been told to leave, when passing through & needing only oil, they didnt want my kind there, I been in more bad dealerships than good in my lifetime.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM
BlazingC5
Advanced

Cool idea, they should have the same sort of set up in Victoria's Secret, for buying your special someone intimate apparel!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
They had one at the bike show....it was kind of strange. I think I'll get one for my garage so I never have to go out on the road where it is dangerous. Maybe I'll just get 5 of them so every Wednesday I can have "bike nite" in my garage.
That's a great idea! Wish I woulda thunk of it!!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM
jayc67
Intermediate

As kids grow up less and less exposed to cars with manual transmissions this becomes less crazy sounding.

How many of us in our 40's and older grew up knowing someone, or owning ourselves, a car with a stickshift?

I have a 16 year old and this came up a while back. Not one of his friends, and I had him ask around, has ever attempted to drive a car without an automatic transmission. A few didn't even know what that meant.

This is a safe way for folks like that to try it. For most of us it's second nature, but for some it's a completely foreign, and probably scary, concept. This just removes clutch fear it seems.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM
ChiliPepperGarage
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlazingC5
Cool idea, they should have the same sort of set up in Victoria's Secret, for buying your special someone intimate apparel!
That's the second post of yours that has me cracking up!

Nice C5, BTW.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,451 Likes on 17,680 Posts

Gee just like the kiddies quarter rides they have outside K-Mart , wonder when those will make it to Sturgis ?

GONZEE;9583663]i agree dumb as hell. people who cant ride get on one think they can then get on the real deal and DEAD!

Agreed , motorcycles by their very nature are Darwinistic devices stupid people don't last long on them

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 03-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG