General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley has taken "poser" to a new level OMG

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,451 Likes on 17,680 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
8 out of 10 guys who see this secretly wish they had one of these for the garage/rec
Most of them have trailers isn't that the same thing ?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd love to have one of those machines in my man cave.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
8 out of 10 guys who see this secretly wish they had one of these for the garage/rec
Hell yeah, riding 12mo. a year in the North East!!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Chuck E Cheese has one of these. At least you can lean thru the corners.

And it costs the same as a real bike.

http://www.monkeysarcades.com/Harley...ey-kotr-dx.htm

Got a used one for about 75% off!! May have to break out the CC...

http://www.monkeysarcades.com/Pre_pl...p/harleydx.htm

Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM
cactus789
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne06
It's really kind of sad, but an interesting study in self-image development, that so many cry "poser" when someone wants to ride a Harley for perhaps the first time.
Talk about following the herd and becoming a caricature of a biker! Got a tat? Check. Wearing your little earring fellas? Check. Got your little leather vest? Check. Got your "biker boots?" Check. Do you dress like a "biker" even when you aren't riding? Check. (gotta let everyone know that you are a biker...this is now your identity). Have a Harley decal on your car or truck? Check. Gotta make sure everyone knows you are a Harley man, you know, a "real" biker...the decal is important because they may not be able to see how you're dressed while you are in your cage. I'll bet you even have one of those chain wallet holders...you know, because your wallet is always falling out of your pocket when you are "in the wind". Really? See how ridiculous all of this is? And you "poser police" are gulping the Kool-Aid like you're at a Jim Jones rally. I guess if you've let riding a motorcycle define you, and that's the identity that makes you feel special, go for it. But casting stones at those who may be sticking a toe in the "motorcycling waters" for the first time, or because they aren't your self-defined image of a real biker (a.k.a. "you") is not only pathetic, it says more about you than the alleged "poser". Wow...so there really are people out there who define themselves and develop their alter-ego and personas by the brand of motorcycle they ride? Sad. I love riding my Harleys too, and have for years. I encourage newbies to try the brand. It's good for them, for motorcycling, and for the MOCO.
You been following me?

Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 AM

<<<< Only been riding less than a year..... so..... yea...... I'm a poser. whatever

So anyway.... I think it is a fantastic idea. Personally, I'm not ready to ride with a passenger yet.... even though the wife REALLY wants to hop on back. A few more months... maybe.

In the meantime..... if my local dealership had one of these things.... I'd put her on it..... then I'd put my 16 y/o daughter on it...... then I'd put my 5y/o son on the back of it. Family fun for all!!!

My wife is "starting" to get irritated with coming to the dealership with me..... I bet that would change if this were available. and "maybe".... it might even convince her that it is something she'd like to try.

I see absolutely no harm in it... and I see it as a beautiful marketing strategy.