General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I can relate. I still miss NYC, but I dunno if any girl could get me to move back there. I hope she's worth it. Been to Youngstown a few times--my cousin had a band from Morgantown that used to play there all the time.

Are you old enough to remember "Mind Garage"?
you're damn right; She better push out golden eggs once a month to get me back to NYC to live

Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Eroz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those bands actually sound familiar, but I can't place if I've caught em live or not. I hear there's a decent music scene there these days.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Curious--why would you move from Vegas to a hellhole like Ohio?

And I can say that 'cause my mom was from Ohio.
I can say it as well. I was born and raised in and around youngstown.

Originally Posted by Eroz
I moved for a better job and a girl.. Not in that order Also I'm from Youngstown, the biggest hellhole in Ohio, so its not a complete shock weather wise. My Family is still around here as well. I'll probably move again someday. You never know.

My dad lives out toward the lakes, so I was planning on meeting up with him for a couple rides this summer. He knows his way around for sure.

Vegas had some great rides and cool random desert stops. I'm sure Ohio has some great sites as well. Planning on finding out
My mom lives over by Mill stream park. The best part of being from Ohio is being far far away from.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was born in Youngstown... quite some time ago now. Left there when I was 21.

OK, who remembers a bar called The Apartment? The Tomorrow Club (later The Agora)? How about the band Left End?

The Chosen Few?
The Velvet Hammer?

I'm riding to Cleveland this summer to visit friends, but couldn't imagine living back there again.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Theres lots of twisties just south east of you in the Hocking Hills. Also check out JimBo's on SR-56 about 30 or so miles south of Circleville. They have a killer 3/4 pound burger.

http://www.motorcycletraveler.com/tour_oh_hocking.htm

http://cmhgourmand.com/2010/06/14/ji...bloomingville/

Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

SR-555 isn't far from you either. It's know as the Ohio Tail Of The Dragon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrZ8...eature=related

Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey all. This will be my first riding season in Ohio. I moved to Columbus from Vegas. I was hoping some of you all from around here could direct me to some good places to ride to, good bars around town, and some cool spots to hang out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. So far I've just been roaming around and getting lost
Welcome to Ohio, I live in Columbus and like to ride up to Indian Lake alot, there are some decent bars and restaurants on the water, its only an hours ride and its mostly st. route but I know some some country roads to get there also.
We like riding up and taking the boat out for some fun on the water.
Just take rouet 33 west and you cant miss it, Or better yet we can take off up there sometime and I can show you around.
There is some good riding around the Hocking Hills area also, thats the other direction on route 33 .

Last edited by supercrewser; 03-27-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Eroz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey curt, thanks for the suggestions. I have heard of the second route you posted. I'm definitely planning on checking that out. Seems like there's a pretty good amount of good rides to be had around this area.

Supercruiser, I may have to take you up on that man. I have heard about Indian lake. It would be cool to get the lay of the land from a local out here

Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

I recommend putting on a Michigan tee-shirt, go up to 15th and North High Street, take a left and do a bunch of wheelies in that grassy area. That'll be exciting as hell!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:22 AM
supercrewser
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey curt, thanks for the suggestions. I have heard of the second route you posted. I'm definitely planning on checking that out. Seems like there's a pretty good amount of good rides to be had around this area.

Supercruiser, I may have to take you up on that man. I have heard about Indian lake. It would be cool to get the lay of the land from a local out here
Sounds good to me. When me and the Mrs. go up there we like to take the boat to a place called Froggys, it has a in ground pool bar thats pretty fun at times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3DXytpess

Quick Reply: New to Ohio