General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson big gun 3's exhaust broke again!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson big gun 3's exhaust broke again!

Took the bike to the dealer yesterday to grab a motor mount bolt, only cost .65 cents lol. Sitting in the parking lot a heard a rattle while I started the bike I get home let the bike cool off. I tap the exhaust and I hear the rattle. I took off the top pipe and flipped it over and I noticed where Samson welded the heat shield to the pipe is broken again. This is the second pipe that has cracked on me in less than 5000 miles in the same spot! I also notice that numerous other welds that are broken. The heat shield was only being held on by 2 spot welds. Luckily I had the old pipe fixed and was sitting on the garage shelf. I checked the bottom pipe and that pipe is also broken some of the welds in the same spots. I just about flipped out. I took the broken top piece and threw it out for scrap. I then resecured the bottom pipe which has broken welds. I then put on the old pipe that I had fixed and was able to ride today. I've had this exhaust less than 2 years. I plan on calling customer service in the am but I am not expecting much. I have since ordered tonight a set of Vance and Hines short shots. I will never purchase another Samson exhaust product nor will I ever look at them ever again . Buyer beware