General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else Think Harley's Color Choices Are Just Lame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Rotlex
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as they continue to offer black I'm a happy guy.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Wanta yellow Goldwing?
....... nah.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Harley's colors & paint are the best in the business BY FAR & BAR NONE. Stop bitchin' & enjoy them. Wanta yellow Goldwing? The only reason for the small selection this year was that due to last year's earthquake in Japan, certain chemicals required to make the paint that are produced there were not available.
Thank you Dickie

Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,119 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Not debating the quality of their work, or the chemicals they use. The color choices are quite limited and for the most part don't appeal to me.

Blue is by far my favorite color. The Kona blue that Ford is putting on the new Mustangs is sick and it looks sick whether it's morning, noon, night or parked inside. The big blue pearl didn't grab me the same way off the floor. Maybe it looks completely different outside. And I'm over the denim thing. So having limited choices and wasting two of them on that, doesn't work for me already.

I'm going to go pout and look at 2012 Street Glides.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Yeah, the color choices ARE limited. I liked the colors in the '90s and early 2000s much better. Those two-tone Deluxes were great as well as the Heritage Springers from that era. But to each his own. I like black bikes and the blue on both my '03 FXST and the Fat Boy in my avatar are tolerable...

Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The big blue pearl looks amazing in the sun. Inside, it isn't all that great. It's kind of like my Sedona Orange WG. Online the color did nothing for me and didn't even consider it as an option. Then I saw one on the sales floor and my opinion changed immediately. Then when I got it outside it was a whole different color. Had a guy detail it real good one day and he said he had about four neighbors come over and comment about the color. Said they couldn't believe that was from the factory.

Seems like some of the MoCos color choices have to be seen in the right light.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Red Hot Sunglo!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't remember the OP making mention about the QUALITY of H-D paint being bad so not sure why some of you are riding this thread on that point. It's strange how people pass bias as knowledge and the best advice they can give is that you have to be happy and settle with everything the MOCO gives you or you can go ride another brand of motorcycle.

I agree for the most part that a lot of the recent color choices are pretty lame. Harley really hits it out of the park every now and then with some colors. Other times I can't help but wonder what the heck they were thinking! And I have to think that most other people do to because the colors that make me think that I rarely see on the road. A couple of the factory color options that recently came are just horrendous! I won't mention specifics so's not to offend anyone but on recent color combination is so bad that a local dealership has had two Road Kings in that color for ever and they can't move them. They tried dressing one up by adding a lot of powder coated parts and different exhaust to try and accent it and then kept dropping the price on. Now they don't even bother to put signs on them. The two bike have become regular fixtures on the showroom floor. I might actually miss the ugly things when they are gone.

I'm glad I am not in the market for a new motorcycle, otherwise I would probably be looking at previous year models for a number of reason including color options. At least based on the one or two models that I would be interested in buying.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as thy're still selling black I don't give a ****.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:47 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Me personally I cant get my head around the Purple bikes or the Kryptonite green. The new two-tone pumpkin orange is just an abortion. Just my personal opinion.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Think Harley's Color Choices Are Just Lame?