General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modular Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 AM
ghira75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schuberth C3. Very quiet (one of the quietest if not the quietest even among FF helmets), well made, good quality visor with antifog, integrated sun visor, inside padding removable and washable. Very happy with my choice. Expensive? yes, quality stuff cost more. check it out revzilla has a nice video on it.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 AM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TruIslander
Aight folks so I'm thinking of getting the Harley Modular helmet, but before buying anything I always try and do my homework on it. Here's the problem I can't seem to find one review on any of their helmets. So I was hoping you ladies/gents could give me some. I have a Scorpion 400 right now, but damn that thing is heavy, and when I tried on the Harley is was really light. I know I want a modular helmet but I want one that is worth buying. Shoei is out of the question because its just not made for my head. So what kind of modulars do you all ride with and whats the pros and cons! Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give!
I noticed that you mentioned Shoei is not made for your head. From my personal experience trying on many helmets, Shoei's tend to fit rounder heads. My head is a "long oval," and there is no modular on the market built for my shape noggin. Even Schuberth, the king of the modulars, doesn't fit my long head shape as much as I wanted it to.

I had been wearing the HJC IS-Max modular in an XL. Noisy yes, breezy yes, but honestly for the price point I think it's a decent helmet with good features. I wore a chin curtain ($6) installed to cut down on winter air flow.

At the recent international motorcycle show, I had the chance to try on an Arai Signet-Q (built specifically for long oval heads, the only one on the market that I know of -- but Arai doesn't make modulars.) It fit perfect, and I'm actually in a correct size MEDIUM. I always wore XL helmets before just to compensate for head shape.

I guess my point here is to buy with regards to your head shape, not just size, and only because I also cannot wear Shoei helmets even though I like them.

Oh, and PS - skip the Bell Revolver. There's a reason it's 50% off on every internet website... it's garbage. Horribly uncomfortable, terrible inner materials, just an awful helmet. Source: I tried one on myself.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:33 PM
U-Turn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you get check out this site first ... http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

They rate flip up helmets for general safety and more important also rate for % of times flip portion stays closed in a crash. Very important.

My old HD brand helmet had an extremely poor rating for coming open in a crash, aprox 30% closure rating. Not much current HD helmets on that site right now.

i currently have a Nolan N103 with a 100% closure rating on it. Great helmet except flip down sun visor is starting to stick so have to pull down initially by hand.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
TruIslander
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was thinking of getting the Kali Naza helmet but I cant seem to find many reviews on it, anyone own one?