General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the point of the fit shop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:34 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the idea of being able to put some miles on a seat before purchasing it. Especially when you're going to drop $300+ on a seat. You can't do that in the fit shop. As far as needing a fit shop, I don't get it either. If you have to reach too far for the stock bars, either get a reach seat or pull back bars. The same goes for the foot controls. It all sounds good in theory, but if a person picks up the parts/accessories book they can find what they want and possibly some different styling options.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Jim@MilkyWay
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
was because of the supposed dealer sup was because of t was because of the supposed dealer suppohe supposed dealer s was because of the supposed dealer suppouppopo was becaus was because of the supposed dealer suppoe of the supposed dealer suppo was because of the supposed....
Well, that's easy for you to say.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
I'd try a different dealer. When I ordered my Sundowner from my dealer, they told me to try it for a day or 2 and if I didn't like it, I could exchange it for a different one - no restocking fee or anything like that.

I liked it...
I agree. The restocking fee is not universal. My dealer has no such policy. They will order stuff in and let you use it before you buy it. The other nice thing that the fit shop has is the blocks they use if you want to lower your bike. Very helpful and informative.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
AladinSane
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=brenn;9549506]Ever been in a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki store? You just described a lot more support than I've ever seen in those.

I do not disagree with this. When I was shopping I was looking at the Vstrom. Suzuki guy tells me 'No test rides. You can go to the bike demo in Central PA then come back here and buy from us.'
I am coming off of BMW. The shops I used to frequent were not the car dealer ones but the dealerships owned by actual riders. They did not pull crap like restocking fees.