General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a MOMO helmet...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Anyone have a MOMO helmet...

yet? I was just checking them out as their ad appears on many forums pages, and wanted to know who has one. I like the style with the shield that covers the eyes. They are a bity pricey, but lets hear about them...

Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Anyone have a MOMO helmet...

I'd like to know too...I was thinking I liked the look of them also.

Old 12-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife has a MOCO last year model. Flip visor 3/4. Its not to bad except that the nylon screws came out on a day trip and that was a bit of a pain. Had taken 2 to 3 weeks for the dealership to get new ones in. (they were no-cost replacements and better design then the year before's)

Mine is MOCO last year model 3/4. I don't have the flip, but did get the flip snap on visor. I like that concept, just don't like the fact that the vision is distorted when the flip is shut all the way. I never run it all the way shut. It fogs way to easy that way. I've got to let it breath. When I bought mine, I made sure it was tight, then it broke in just fine.

If this is your fisrt helmet and you have never broken one in, don't go to tight, you will get a headache when wearing it. Always test a helmet with a doo rag to be sure your not getting one to tight to start with.

Basiclly happy with both. Will take a run to Orlando Fla and get a DOT carbon fiber1/2,fitted in the next couple months though.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Ram

The wife has a MOCO last year model. Flip visor 3/4. Its not to bad except that the nylon screws came out on a day trip and that was a bit of a pain. Had taken 2 to 3 weeks for the dealership to get new ones in. (they were no-cost replacements and better design then the year before's)

Mine is MOCO last year model 3/4. I don't have the flip, but did get the flip snap on visor. I like that concept, just don't like the fact that the vision is distorted when the flip is shut all the way. I never run it all the way shut. It fogs way to easy that way. I've got to let it breath. When I bought mine, I made sure it was tight, then it broke in just fine.

If this is your fisrt helmet and you have never broken one in, don't go to tight, you will get a headache when wearing it. Always test a helmet with a doo rag to be sure your not getting one to tight to start with.

Basiclly happy with both. Will take a run to Orlando Fla and get a DOT carbon fiber1/2,fitted in the next couple months though.
What is a "MOMO" helmet?

Old 12-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Hate to rip on a forum sponsor.....but that helmet's Euro/Girlie styling was too over the top for my tastes and the bloated pricetag makes it even less appealing.I'd be surprised if they're selling well in the US.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:51 PM
E DOGG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it at the EXPO. It looks cool if you ride a SCOOTER (Vespa or something like that)

My opinion.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:24 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,128 Likes on 5,320 Posts

What is a "MOMO" helmet?
here.
You can check them out here.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:13 PM
notorious
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

yet? I was just checking them out as their ad appears on many forums pages, and wanted to know who has one. I like the style with the shield that covers the eyes. They are a bity pricey, but lets hear about them...

(Hate to rip on a forum sponsor.....but that helmet's Euro/Girlie styling was too over the top for my tastes and the bloated pricetag makes it even less appealing.I'd be surprised if they're selling well in the US.)

T 3Youmissed the point.[sm=owned.gif]

Old 12-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Philip

What is a "MOMO" helmet?
here.
You can check them out here.
Thanks,
they are a bit pricy and euro looking... I don't think any of them are me, well maybe on a BMW or a Ducati or a Moto Guzzi!

Old 12-26-2006, 07:31 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Probably look fine if your riding a metric.[sm=forgetit.gif][sm=pimp.gif]

Quick Reply: Anyone have a MOMO helmet...