General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aggressive riders only.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:12 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Read a lot of the reponses and as always there is a lot of different riding styles we all enjoy.Mine has always been very aggressive my latest bikes being big engined RK's and a V8 powered bike.These bikes are modified for aggressive riding and certain parts have become regular wear items,kickstands foot boards etc.These bikes were built mainly for straight line accelleration and hard stopping,but the side benefit is excellent cornering.No not Ninja style but more than enough to satisfy my needs completely.My bikes are not built to compete with anyone or anything but never refuse a good challenge.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

I might be an old man that rides a geezer glide....But I don't ride like one...My floor boards have significant wear on them...You will never know what your bike is capable of or yourself if you don't push the limits at times...There is a difference between being aggressive on a bike or just being stupid.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,631 Likes on 2,734 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
i would love to sit down and have a beer with that guy. to think of the knowledge and stories he could tell me is mind blowing. not all people will understand my statement here.
I do. A couple years ago, in an airline sardine can, sat next to an old timer and got to talking. He'd been a B17 pilot, dropped a few loads on Germany before getting shot up, had some good tales. I usually hate the whole airline experience, but that was an enjoyable flight. A few years before that, same thing with a Korean war vet; these guys are really special, not a whole lot of them left, and they seem to enjoy talking to a younger vet. Younger vet... I like the sound of that, usually I'm the old geezer.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:57 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,747 Likes on 1,113 Posts

The member that reffered to arguing over whos cement truck is faster comes to mind.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
i did read this article. basically it states the exact opposite of the thread title. sounds like fun.
Not really. It's basically what most of us do, with perhaps some exceptions to the lack of brake lighting - my buds and I have to use ours a LOT.
That said, we have gone out early on and did some road racing...one time. We agreed that our longevity factor may be severely disfunctioned were we to continue; not because of our "lack of sklls", but because of non-racing conditions.
So, we don't exactly charge corners, but do have to adjust speed rapidly (braking) as we set up our lines for the best cut. We may or may not be WOT coming out of the corner; it just depends on conditions, and we are NOT really racing.
TODAY found us all over rt. 60, the Blue Ridge, Skeenah Gap and 180 in Ga. - I can't begin to count how many bikes we passed, and many on the way home. They may have been a little pissed there, seeing as how, once we finally got their attention, found a place to pass and did, I was pulling my loaded monowheel camping trailer and the bike fully loaded with saddlebags and a T-bag. One goof was even on a sporty, but hey, he couldn't ride, and I'm happy he was riding his own ride and not mine.
AGGRESSIVE- I had to pick SOME term for the thread that would get THIS club of riders in convo - I KNEW that some would take offense to that and want to take it apart.
But anyone who doesn't have the idea by now is posting without READING THE FREEKIN' THREAD! Obviously most all in here care to live, and keep their Harleys. And adrenalin is life for us.
Git Sum, or just move over.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts