General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salesman stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:19 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my sales person had the nicest set of **** i have ever laid eyes on and showed me her tattoo.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 PM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing stupider than the tool in Schmacher's post is the fool that would actually buy a bike from this clown. Somebody must have sometime, though. Wonder how long they and/or the bike actually lasted?

Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
The only thing stupider than the tool in Schmacher's post is the fool that would actually buy a bike from this clown. Somebody must have sometime, though. Wonder how long they and/or the bike actually lasted?
I bet his sales are only those who know already what they want when they walk in there and using super human self control, don't slap him up side the head while waiting to sign and take the keys.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:45 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Guess I'm just lucky. I have bought two new Harleys in the past year (different dealers) and both Salesmen were top notch. Enjoyed working with both of them and made two new friends.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Same experience here with both of my bikes, but no one is implying all salesmen are incompetent.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:23 AM
DirtyThirty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher

Idiots like that almost make me ashamed of being from Iowa, especially since I grew up in a small town just outside Mason City. Makes me glad I got outta that area by joining the Navy.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 AM
lexington
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is stupid as when I was looking at a new 2011 superglide, the salesman left it idling for 55 mins at the front door. What a dipshit! The new bike had 18 miles on it. We talked price, I told him I didn't want it because it got real hot......

Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
I bet his sales are only those who know already what they want when they walk in there and using super human self control, don't slap him up side the head while waiting to sign and take the keys.
I bet the 50 something brand new "bad to the bone" bike crowd lap all that stuff up.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:34 AM
ghira75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by louisianaSVT2001
At the local dealer today, in service dept getting a tire installed. There sits a spanking new street glide with a freshly installed 120R, as I am admiring the mighty 120R a salesman walks up with potential buyer and starts the bike. He immediately srarts revving the bike near redline, I mean immediately like the starter was still spinning when he starts jabbing the throttle. What a dumbass, a mechanic from the shop comes out and jumps on his *** because it hasn't even been broken in yet. Just makes me want to buy it....NOT...what a douche.
Originally Posted by lexington
That is stupid as when I was looking at a new 2011 superglide, the salesman left it idling for 55 mins at the front door. What a dipshit! The new bike had 18 miles on it. We talked price, I told him I didn't want it because it got real hot......
These happen to be two examples you actually saw, God knows how many other bikes are raped like that before they are sold NEW.
Ideally the MoCo should give the option to send you a crate with bike, bottles of different fluids, a service manual and a sheet with some extra info on the "set Up" of the bike. The dealer will keep their fee for selling you the bike, but no setup fee and no raped bike.
The idea of doing all my wrenching is so sinking on me...

Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 AM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher

Schu, I don't know where you find this Sht, but it was funny. That is one stupid human

Last edited by mi2az; 03-18-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Salesman stupidity