General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

patches and rockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

The card is just that- a courtesy/contact card- the club member was owning his advice by leaving it with you.

Wear what you want- just be prepared to own your patch selection to whoever has issues with it.

Ride on!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM
scootertrash8
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep and this i understand i was just thrown off by the guys manner is all and the reason i posted is b/c like i said im new to riding and just wanted to understand more about the 3 patch deal is all and his club i looked it up and seems very very respectable thats all fellows sorry if i came across bitchy or something just got a lesson like mi3 said in riding thanks guys

Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 PM
OldIron61
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pointman10
The card is just that- a courtesy/contact card- the club member was owning his advice by leaving it with you.

Wear what you want- just be prepared to own your patch selection to whoever has issues with it.

Ride on!
WTF? This is what I mean. When in the sam hell did we allow "colors" to become more important then Freedom? Man, if one wants to belong to a Club, I am all for it. Freedom of Choice and all. But that does not give that same person, the Right to tell others, what they can or can't do. For their Rights end, where the other Person's start.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forewarned is forearmed. Let us know how that works out for you.
Tell them you have the right to wear it and I'm sure they'll back off once you educate them on the error of their ways.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:39 AM
OldIron61
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

deleted by Op

Last edited by OldIron61; 03-18-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 AM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should consider looking into local Army Vet clubs before going solo...Doing otherwise may attract attention from the law and other sources that you won't see until too late...Do some research before you make your decision!!

Originally Posted by scootertrash8
i am in NO motorcycle club nor do i want to be i just ride and wanted to show that i am a veteran in the us army and that was all and yes he gave me his card and told me to be careful with the three patch set up

Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 AM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should consider looking into local Army Vet clubs before going solo...Doing otherwise may attract attention from the law and other sources that you won't see until too late...Do some research before you make your decision!!

Originally Posted by scootertrash8
i am in NO motorcycle club nor do i want to be i just ride and wanted to show that i am a veteran in the us army and that was all and yes he gave me his card and told me to be careful with the three patch set up

Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 AM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see a problem with patch but others do!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by OldIron61
WTF? This is what I mean. When in the sam hell did we allow "colors" to become more important then Freedom? Man, if one wants to belong to a Club, I am all for it. Freedom of Choice and all. But that does not give that same person, the Right to tell others, what they can or can't do. For their Rights end, where the other Person's start.
OK, here is what you fail to see/understand: While there might be some club members who push the patch-thing to the limits and past, most don't overly worry about it. But the whole "get permission" thing is really simple - a few idiots, enamored of themselves and their machismo, like to play Pirates of the Caribbean, making asses of themselves. When these few idiots do this they cause problems for everyone else that wears a patch, even causing problems for those dangerous Christian motorcycle groups. When the idiots make it so I can not simply ride to work without being followed, stopped, and otherwise harassed, then my take is that they've crossed the line into my world.

Another part of this is simple: Being in a traditional motorcycle club is akin to being in a different culture. When one makes the decision to become part of another culture, one makes the decision to live by the norms of that culture. While one might bring something new that will eventually be assimilated, it takes time; it just doesn't happen because one says, "here it is; this is the new normal."

It's not simply a matter of my rights vs. your rights. It is a matter of belonging to a community/culture. Move into a gated community, start flouting the rules and creating a mess as defined by the community, and see what happens. Difference between that gated community and the MC world is simply the methods used to ensure some level of conformity to accepted standards. Citizens use the government, in all its iterations. The MC world generally relies wholly upon itself. Or more simply put, one is a slow grinding down of the "outsider", while the other is a quick smash of the hammer. In both cases, the outsider may end up where he didn't think he would.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
that's what I said

Quick Reply: patches and rockers