General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
Here is my take on the: really!
I've studied motor vehicle accidents for a living, one of the contributing factors in MVA's are what we call difference of speed!
You have a guy on the Interstate going 65mph in a 70mph speed limit, lets say he is in the fast lane.
then we have the guy going 75mph in the fast lane and hits the guys going 65.
Both drivers are at fault in this accident.
Lets say the first driver is going 65mph in the fast lane, or in my business we call this lane 3, all other traffic is passing him in lane 2. and lane 1.
A driver behind the driver in lane 3. is driving to what is called driving to the conditions, and hits the slower driver, the slower driver hits other cars causing injury to the others, Ambulance chaser Lawyers will eat this guy for lunch, reason? not driving to the conditions of the highway!
Silly but true!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're a left lane ****, I'm the dude in your rear view mirror crawling up your azz. Move the f*ck over! OTOH, I'll even slow down to get over for ANY car coming up on me. Either he's crazier than me or a cop...

The following 2 users liked this post by O.F.:
DuciDay (01-29-2024), majsmith (09-04-2019)
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like I've always said, groups of motorcycles ain't no better than blue hairs in RV's when it comes to hogging the road!
Rude,inconsiderate people are every where!

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-29-2024)
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

I'm very familiar with that stretch of road. If it wasn't the HOGS hogging the road, it would have been a caravan of semis, old ladys and/or other "I don't give a crap about anyone but me" types. Hawgnuttz, thanks for being the traffic vigilante since Barney Fife retired.

DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:05 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

To the guys who posted that they "always" ride/drive in the left lane.... sorry but you're an idiot. Ask any experienced LEO and he'll tell you, you are 3x more likely to get a speeding ticket in the left lane. Stay in the right lane. Go as fast as you like... pass on the left and get back in the right lane. I learned this from a state cop buddy about 15 years ago and haven't gotten a ticket since. Oh, and I go 80+ about all the time on bike or car when I'm on the highway.

DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 AM
mattkenzie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wd112
On group rides riding in the left lane stops cars entering the highway from cutting in the group.
Exactly. If the group had been traveling in the right, the OP would probably be complaining that a trail of bikes blocked drivers from merging from the on-ramp. You can't please everyone but it just seems as though the safest place for the group would be the left lane - middle if you've got one.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Man it's like that every where.The latest hurray for me and F_ _ _ everybody else!The norm around here is the passing lane is now the right lane.No Problem!!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz View Post
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
Ride in any lane you want, including the oncoming lane if it happens to float your boat. However if your holding up traffic and not already in the right lane have some courtesy and move the hell over. Is really that big of a freaking deal. Its ******** like you that cause problems. Get a life

Last edited by ynots; 03-16-2012 at 08:21 AM.
DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,355 Likes on 2,534 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
try that **** in la and you're gonna get a ticket. and it doesn't matter if the person is going faster than the speed limit, if you are impeding his movement, you are wrong.

DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 142 Posts

I had a company car that tracked how fast you were going. Company policy is you can not go over 70 mph!! If you get caught twice in one week or 3 times in a month or 4 times in your career you are fired. Now that was stressful.
I averaged 1200 miles/week.

DuciDay (01-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Thanks jerks for blocking road