General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:28 AM
BillM
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride/drive in the left lane most of the time. BUT, I am always watching the mirrors. If I see someone coming up behind me then I get outta the way. I have been trying to stay in the right lane lately though so I don't **** people off that think I shouldn't be in the left lane.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

This is one of my pet peeves.
Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
Only in America is the passing lane considered just another lane.

Originally Posted by Cometsoft
That's rude. In the real world you're just likely to cause more accidents when people try to get around you.

Hopefully you get ticketed in one of the states where the left lane is for passing only, not for people who think they're going the speed limit and feel like hanging out in whatever lane they want.
+1

Originally Posted by Drilln'Boss
The left lane is for passing. Slower traffic keep right.
+2

Originally Posted by Iceman24
VA Law...did you signal (horn/flash) so they would move over???

§ 46.2-842.1. Drivers to give way to certain overtaking vehicles on divided highways.
It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal, the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.
(1989, c. 708, § 46.1-211.1.)
+3

Get the fu(k out of the passing lane unless you're passing.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When I'm in my car as long as I'm passing cars on my right I'm staying in the left lane. I don't care about the Ahole tail gating me wanting to go 100 miles an hour.

On my scoot, I do whatever it takes to stay alive. I see a car in my mirrors coming up fast I move over.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default There You Go

Originally Posted by Iceman24
VA Law...did you signal (horn/flash) so they would move over???

§ 46.2-842.1. Drivers to give way to certain overtaking vehicles on divided highways.
It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal, the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.
(1989, c. 708, § 46.1-211.1.)
You should have driven up on their a**, flashed your lights, beeped your horn, rolled down your window & flip the bird, etc. After all, the law is on your side! Just leave a note behind letting us know where to send the get well cards!

GEEZE! - Slow down - get over the fact you're stuck in your car - smile at all the purty bikes - LET IT GO!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:05 AM
wd112
Advanced

On group rides riding in the left lane stops cars entering the highway from cutting in the group.When riding alone I move over.I have been on group rides where people in cars that always seam to be in a hurry cut into the group and almost caused a accident.Seams to me you were one of those people that are always in a hurry.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 AM
eng23ine
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...

This guy should get the "***** of the day" award or something!

DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts

Could you be any more inconsiderate than this? You're probably one of these idiots that takes 3 or 4 minutes to pass 1 car. STEP ON IT & GET OUT OF THE WAY. If you're gonna pass 'em, then pass 'em. Ever see those little signs that say Slower Traffic Keep Right? I didn't think so. It's probably all about you.

DuciDay (01-29-2024)
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM
kzoo
Road Master

After 3 heart attacks I have learned to slow down, go with the flow, and not let things out of my control **** me off. Just enjoy each day as it comes.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can take alot of stupidity on the road, just think dumbass and let it go. But one thing that does get me going is being in the left lane and driving along side someone on the right. For god's sake pass and get over. you are going the same speed so why take up the left lane it's rude, bottle's up traffic, and cause's dangerous situations. It doesn't matter if you are in a cage,bike,or pushing a wheel barrow move over.

The following 2 users liked this post by CLYDE60:
DuciDay (01-29-2024), majsmith (09-04-2019)
Old 03-16-2012, 07:47 AM
S.Brinkman
Cruiser

I usually stay in the left lane until I need to exit the freeway or make a right turn. That way I only have to be concerned with getting run over from one side instead of both. (I ride to work every day on 75 mph+ freeways.)The point of being in the left lane is because you are supposed to be moving faster than the rest of traffic. If you are not, get the hell out. However, the comment about cars driving through the middle of group rides is right on. I remember specifically being told by the off duty PD riders pulling road guard for us to stay left for that very reason.

Quick Reply: Thanks jerks for blocking road