General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks jerks for blocking road

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Here`s my take on this , as long as I am doing the speed limit I feel I can ride in any lane I want to, Call it the fast lane but does not give you the right to Speed over the posted speed limit... Emergency vehicles I merge but just because someone wants to go faster than the posted speed limit does not constitute me moving around just so he can go faster...
You are soooo much part of the fu*king problem A-hole!!! It is not your job to police everyone else on the road and decide how fast people should operate their motor vehicles. They could have a real good reason, maybe even an emergency, for their rate of speed.

You think road rage is a new thing? It's far from new. I watched an old black and white Disney cartoon once on the subject. We hear about it more now b/c there is more traffic and b/c there are more A-holes like you. What do you think might happen when the cage behind you finally gets around you!? Pissed him/her off enough they might cut you off, clip you, or turn into you when right beside you. Then what are you gonna do!? You won't be able to complain they broke the law and you did nothing wrong when YOU"RE F*CKING DEAD!!!

This is also a major contributor to traffic problems. If slower traffic would keep right there would be less traffic on the roads.

Lastly, take the high road, think ahead, believe in Karma, and let the laws do their job. If everybody lets these people go as fast as they want then a police officer will be able to pull them over. They get pulled over enough the loose their license. Or they decide to slow down to keep their license. Either way they aren't annoying you anymore.

Don't be an A-hole!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

So when did we stop using common sense???

Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 PM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,089 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
VA Law...did you signal (horn/flash) so they would move over???

§ 46.2-842.1. Drivers to give way to certain overtaking vehicles on divided highways.
It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal, the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.
(1989, c. 708, § 46.1-211.1.)
Thanks. I didn't know VA law. Seriously. I was never closer than about ten vehicles from them. They managed to sit in the left lane and pretty much match the speeds of a few cars in the right lane.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 PM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by kzoo
After 3 heart attacks I have learned to slow down, go with the flow, and not let things out of my control **** me off. Just enjoy each day as it comes.
Trust me. I wasn't really all that pissed. Just thought the riders were being pretty rude. And some of the excuses being made for them are pretty funny.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-30-2024)
Old 03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kind of restores my faith that there may be hope for mankind...

ALL these posts, some interesting state to state traffic law info exchanged, a little friendly BS, and only a COUPLE of self centered assclowns who think the universe revolves around them...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 03-17-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
mattkenzie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by garand
For the left lane losers: I love passing you on the right and moving back into the left only missing you by inches. You like living on the edge...so do I.
Regardless of wether or not you are in the right, I really hope that you would not do this to a fellow Motorcyclist.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:47 PM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by x1wildone
Can you name 1 state that has a no passing in the right lane law? Please include the statute.
Check Connecticut 14-233 Passing on right. I've also been advised that New Hampshire is also the same but you can do your own research.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 PM
VaRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Sorry, but the speed limit applies to all lanes. The only time I move over Is if I'm doing the speed limit is for an emergency vehicle. And if you tailgate I slow down.
Unless I'm on the bike. Then I move over, bike vs cage not a fair fight.
But I do move over for bikes.
Where are the ******** coming from? The speed limit may be a law but there are also laws governing blocking the left lane.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:35 PM
wookie214
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Visual aid for D-bags that insist on blocking the left lane.....

Attached Thumbnails Thanks jerks for blocking road-lane-rules.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, your on a country 2 lane road and driving/riding 5 to 10 miles over the posted speed and traffic is building up behind you. Do you try to pull over when there is a spot wide enough to park? Up your speed and increase chance on a ticket? How much traffic behind you dictates to you what to do? If you pull over, you be in danger...

Quick Reply: Thanks jerks for blocking road