General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Signature Visa

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Jmbeebe0722
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default H-D Signature Visa

I am considering applying for the H-D Signature Visa for the rewards.. But I can't find much as far as reviews. Anyone here have one and can speak for the quality of the card?

Is it meant for the "Perfect" credit bracket, "good" credit bracket, "fair" bracket..etc?

How do the rewards work? Is it 2,500 for $25? I think thats what I read.

Really just looking for reviews on the card before applying.

Any feedback would be great!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have one, the interest rate is very good, and you get chrome points you can spend at the dealership

Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 612 Likes on 330 Posts

We use it a lot..It pay,s for a free set of tires every year for the wife,s bike..

Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM
OsoFat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got one. It pays 3 points (3%)per dollar spent at HD, 2 points (2%) per dollar on gas, lodging, etc and 1 point per dollar on everything else. A point is worth a penny of Chrome Cash at HD. So, spend $2500 on gas and lodging, you get $50 at HD. I plan to use mine, mostly for gas. My family spends about $500 per month on gas, so that translates into about $10 per month at HD. It's not much, but it's something. I'm ditching my Discover card that only pays 1% up to a limit. Pay it off every month and you don't have to worry about the interest rate.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master

If the rate on the card is .000025% of the Harley financing rate, then you should be at about 6% interest then it's a good deal.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Jmbeebe0722
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's credit bracket is the card? I don't have perfect credit, I would say I have good credit. But not perfect

Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
cmichael
Grand HDF Member

There are three different levels of the card, the signature which will get you the three points at the dealership but does require a high to perfect credit score. Then they have the high rev (something close to that name) that is for you good credit and will net you one point everywhere, then finally just the basic which still get you the 1 point everywhere but not sure about the interest rate. Hope this helps.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Rewards and interest used in the same question?
The ONLY way to make a credit card program benefit you is to pay the entire balance every month.
If you actually pay an interest amount every month, and then let the bank snowball you to think there are some 'rewards", then you are going to pay large for your HD stuff...

Last edited by George C; 03-08-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Had one for many years. Run by u.s. bank, and they've been decent every time I have had to contact them. I use the card for everything and the rewards do add up. I also pay the balance very month, so I have no idea what the interest rate is.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,267 Likes on 2,489 Posts

Originally Posted by OsoFat
I just got one. It pays 3 points (3%)per dollar spent at HD, 2 points (2%) per dollar on gas, lodging, etc and 1 point per dollar on everything else. A point is worth a penny of Chrome Cash at HD. So, spend $2500 on gas and lodging, you get $50 at HD. I plan to use mine, mostly for gas. My family spends about $500 per month on gas, so that translates into about $10 per month at HD. It's not much, but it's something. I'm ditching my Discover card that only pays 1% up to a limit. Pay it off every month and you don't have to worry about the interest rate.
2500 points gets you a chrome cash certificate for $25.00, which is the smallest denomination they come in. 25, 50, 75, etc. with the extra bonuses (double points, etc), they add up quick.

i have the card. pay off the balance every month so i don't know about the interest rate, but i loves me some chrome cash! i've saved several hundred, if not thousands of dollars using it.

and just so you know, some of the discounters also accept chrome cash. so not only do you save 20%, you get to deduct the value of the chrome cash too.

Quick Reply: H-D Signature Visa