General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Just let your insurance handle it. They get the Police report, contact her insurance and get your money. As far as getting a lawyer or going to the doctor. If you are not hurt why go. The people that reccomend this oddly are the same people that complain about how expensive everything medical is and how crooked lawyers are. If that is the road you take, you are part of the problem.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
JRP267
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

police dash cam is recorded over weekly so be sure to quickly obtain a copy.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
jmio
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I work in a trauma center and plain films such as X-rays can miss up to 10% of fractures. If u feel that something is wrong, get the CT. I have seen a few missed cervical fractures from xrays The radiation is obviously not good for you, but walking around with a broken neck pretty much outweighs that.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Dailydriver06
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is why you have insurance...They do this every day... If they are worth their salt, they are already advising you on the best course of action...I wouldn't get a lawyer involved unless you are hurt. Just my opinion...I've been in your shoes. Cell phone talking beotch rear ended me.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if it hasn't been stated yet, once you fix the bike get a BRIGHT *** LIGHT for your taillight and put that bitch on the brightest setting and the most annoying flashing strobe you can pick

as for the injuries, get a lawyer

Old 03-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tcarille
All you guys who are pounding on the guy for not taking the ambulance ride,and not taking the ct scan and screwing himself,are you for real?? Guy almost got hurt real bad and wasn't thinking straight and your pounding on him?What did you forget the cop got a video of it?Give the guy a break.Your the type of guys break a fingernail at work,and want to sue your boss!
Agree about not thinking straight and I agree NOW he has to get checked out. Everybody is thinking the same thing, Dysneyland included.
We're sorry you got into this BUT- Get a cat scan- call the police dept about the tape ( just because LEO got it on camera doesn't mean you have it !! ) And I'm not for ambulance chasers either but your insurance company doesn't care if you have health issues down the road. all they care is it doesn't cost THEM.

Last edited by Blackfly; 03-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

MN -no fault state. Got hit in my cage, insurance company said first contact the company for the guy that hit me, gave me the number, called them and they took care of everything just fine; I know not all companies do that, just hope you don't have to deal with Progressive for instance. Even in no fault states, the at fault insured's company will pay your company; a lot like to deal directly, cheaper for them. If the at fault company tries to screw you, just tell them to get screwed, you'll go through your own company. They got real reasonable when I did that.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

She was texting. You can bet money on that.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
inaroush
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LAWYER UP!!!!!!!! I am in the insurance industry and all I can say is LAWYER UP.

It is going to be the best way to protect yourself.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,894 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
As far as getting a lawyer or going to the doctor. If you are not hurt why go. The people that reccomend this oddly are the same people that complain about how expensive everything medical is and how crooked lawyers are. If that is the road you take, you are part of the problem.
Yeah…real solid advice. The guy is already having secondary symptoms from the accident the day after it happened. The simple fact is, he doesn't really know the extent of his injuries. If he had listened to hospital staff and gotten the CT scan, they would have a much better idea of the extent of his injuries. I mean really…the guy was probably in shock after he was rear ended…who is in a better position to make a decision about his medical well being, a doctor or the accident victim that isn't thinking straight?

Regarding the services of a lawyer…yeah, I'm sure the lady's insurance company has the victim's well being at the top of their priority list. They want to pay him off with the minimum amount possible, have him sign a release of further liability, and kick him to the curb as quickly as possible. A lawyer on your behalf can keep you from doing something stupid, or settling for an amount that won't cover your medical/rehab expenses, time off work, repairs to the bike, etc. Insurance companies do not have your best interests at the top of their "to do" list. If anybody needs a lawyer to protect themselves from getting screwed, it's this guy.

I don't want to see this guy on the HD forums a year from now saying how much in debt he is from medical bills, missed work, and how he should have listened to a few of us, and gotten a lawyer.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended Yesterday