General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I'll sell all of my bikes before I'll ever visit another Starbucks. I tried to order a cup of coffee there once. They didn't even know what it was and I wasn't about to try and decipher the gibberish before I had my morning coffee.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That ad will do little against the vest, do-rag, loud exhaust reving, crapy sounding stero blasting, cool dude typical Harley rider you see buzzing around town but I like it. Harley is in a box and I'm not sure if they will get out. My defenition of Harley's box: The heat of the big twin without modifications and the number of parts used being manufactured over seas, china of all places.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenok
"It's us working folks who have to keep our noses clean, pay our taxes, practice good hygiene, and obey the traffic laws that are keeping them in business, and if they join in making fun of us for stopping at Starbucks, guess what?

Starbucks would keep getting our money... and THEY WOULDN'T.

Cue the chorus of bar-hopping, flea-infested longbeards whining about the "good old days." Just remember, folks: if you have to beg for respect, that only means you haven't earned it."

Wow, I am sure that you will feel vindicated now when you and your friends cruise 5 miles to the local Starbucks for your $8 coffee in your brand new HD branded gear and call each other bro for braving that rush hour traffic....

And the inference that "old school" bikers don't pay taxes and all that other crap is just indicative of how biased and stupid your type are.... GFYS
yeah every one of his posts so far he has taken shots at people.. The primary reason why I am content to ride on my own do my own thing for my own reasons. I am what I am and I don't give a **** what 1%ers or Rubs think.

HD's ad should be more like:

Harley Davidson the bike for those who spend more time whining about what others have and are doing than actually riding.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It's prob just a ploy to bring the yuppie styles back to buying Harleys since the bike sales are down. Ya can't make money off of clothing forever.
They're going to have to come up with some new bikes though (imo) to make it happen. The market they are going after are the ones that come in here and troll

Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

I got a casting call notification for this down in Austin but didnt go. Know one person who did make the cut and $ but did not see him in the commercial.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
Umm, that's kind of the whole point, babalu... the rich RUB dentist is NOT the "poser" any more; the rich RUB dentist is the one taking the coast-to-coast trips and two-wheeled vacations while the "posers" are the bitter, broke bar-brawlers crying in their Sclitz Malt Liquor in run-down bar districts, lamenting the rich RUB dentists.

See you out there on the lonely back-country highways!

Or not!

No the point is a man can buy a Harley or a Kawasaki or a Triumph and do and be whatever he wants. It becomes a problem when snot nose lil children pop in and feel they need to apologize for how others are or say oh I just want you all to realize I am not like that guy over there.

This thread of yours was about 1 thing -you know it, I know it, I am positive a few others that you think are too stupid to get it know it.

Spend more time riding less time worrying about others. The HD brand isn't yours to own, isn't yours to police up and if you don't like some of the people that ride HDs and what they are- tough ****.

It is probably just HD drumming up more business for their repair guys since most of the new fancy folks can't change their shift pegs without some assistance and permission from their wives.

Last edited by RoaringRigid; 03-05-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The average HD rider's age is 47 or 48. In 5 years it will be over 50. If the MoCo doesn't attract younger people to it's products the value of it's stock will plummet and the size of the company and dealer network will shrink. Investment advisors are already beginning to recommend selling HD stock. Young people do not want to be like the old bikers of the past.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Originally Posted by magna
Gotta say I'm really really surprised that they didn't sign Dickey up for this ad.
They asked me but I was too busy having my beard fumigated for fleas.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
.357 Magnum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Spend more time riding less time worrying about others. The HD brand isn't yours to own, isn't yours to police up and if you don't like some of the people that ride HDs and what they are- tough ****.
NOW you're getting the point! That is exactly the message of the commercial, and one I wholly support. If they can get it through to the wannabe clothing police who think they can dictate to others what kind of patches they can or cannot wear, we'd all be on the same page!

Nice of you to espouse this kind of ecumenicalism at long last.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
I'll sell all of my bikes before I'll ever visit another Starbucks. I tried to order a cup of coffee there once. They didn't even know what it was and I wasn't about to try and decipher the gibberish before I had my morning coffee.

i would die of dehydration before i drank a cup of that sludge.. I bought one cup one time while at a airport.. took one sip and promptly poured it out.. i went to a burger king in the airport and bought me a great cup of Maxwell House coffee, now thats coffee..

i don't know how starbucks stays in business offering that swill at ridiculous prices..

I like the AD, but i did take offense to the term "Grease Monkey".. thats a quick lube joint in town..

Quick Reply: Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign