General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

it's a Vespa....don't insult Vespa like that

Old 03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I auditioned for this commercial. They asked for people with interesting careers and stories. Guess I was too stereotypical. At the audition I saw nothing but crotch rockets and people on honda cruisers. didn't get that one...

Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Sadthorn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed the ad. Just ride. A little about myself since I feel like submitting a tweet to the fun program H-D has going on right now. When I ride to work in the morning all people see is a rider in full carhartts and full face helmet. When I ride home in the evening which is usually 30 degrees warmer, it's whatever I wore to work which is usually running shoes, carpenter jeans and a hoodie. Sometimes I have meetings that require suit, tie and dress shoes. Wear them riding home too only to switch out into jeans and T shirts so I can start fixing customers bikes at night.

I eat sleep and crap motorcycles. I spend all of my free time repairing/building/restoring motorcycles because it's what I LOVE doing. Used to work as a mechanic for local dealers and now do managerial work for a distribution center. My job is just that, a job. I ride pretty much on my own and sometimes with my dad and his club buddies. Born and raised to breathe motorcycles. I bought my first brand new bike which is a 2009 crossbones in 2010 because I spent the last 7 years saving up for it. No financing, why make banks any richer? (rhetorically speaking here...) So I dunno, I feel that I can relate to the video and the marketing in place.

This was a great read both on and off topic, part of the reason I love reading this forum. I don't post a whole lot, since I like reading it more. Anyways, great banter!

Last edited by Sadthorn; 03-13-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Apparently doesn't like using the N.I.K.E. brand shoes in the message...