General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
(Snip some)
Cue the chorus of bar-hopping, flea-infested longbeards whining about the "good old days." Just remember, folks: if you have to beg for respect, that only means you haven't earned it.
[my emphasis - Poco]

(Snip some more)
.357 Magnum • 158-grain Cast Lead Semiwadcutter Projectile • 6.5 Grains Unique Powder • Winchester Small Pistol Magnum Primer
American Motorcyclist Association • Iron Butt Association • Patriot Guard Rider • Coalition of Independent Riders • National Rifle Association
2006 FLHRCI - Road King Classic • 2010 XL1200X - Sportster Forty-Eight • 2007 XL1200L - Sportster Low

Originally Posted by pococj
Hmm, all that stuff in the sig line almost appears as a "I gots all this stuff; respect me."
Your sig lines give the appearance of someone who is beg[ging] for respect. Some of us find that amusing, given the several screeds you have posted in this particular thread.

I notice the Coalition of Independent Riders in your sig line. Just wondering how active you are in that organization, especially since it is associated with the Coalition of Clubs, an organization started by "jobless, bar-brawling drunks who anchored the stereotype", "bar-hopping, flea-infested longbeards", "bitter, broke bar-brawlers crying in their Sclitz [sic] Malt Liquor in run-down bar districts", "who need to meet with [their] parole officer regularly", "wannabe clothing police who think they can dictate to others what kind of patches they can or cannot wear", and all those "brothers" who hang out in non-riding places called "clubhouses" and base [their] lives around getting drunk and talking ****", ...

I'm sure you've told those COIR and CoC MC members that you hold them in such high regard. Bet they're glad you have their backs.

Well, going out to the club house, do a little work on the Sloptail, and then call a couple of the Brothers up to see if they've got any extra flea powder. Then we'll all head into town and rip Lone Wolf - No Club patches off the backs of unsuspecting .357 toters, all while shotgunning malt liquor in the run-down bar district.

Or maybe I'll go to the club house, do a little work on the Sloptail, work on an old Pioneer amp, come back in, pay a few bills, write up and post my nightly devotional, take care of some club business, then finish the evening with a dip in the hot tub.

Gotta admit, winter time does bring out some entertainment on here!

Last edited by pococj; 03-07-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: cuz i allus wuntid two bee an edditer
Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,125 Likes on 2,802 Posts

I can't believe I haven't spent more time on this forum over the last two years. You guys crack me up!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Home alone, to windy to wanna ride, eyes swelled almost shut from hay fever, and (most) of the chores done. Good Forum day for sure.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,016 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Back on the original subject , the MoCo coat tailed in on the " lifestyle " just happened that HD was the last surviving big twin it's the only reason the marketing dept managed to pull off the coup it did in 1985 . The bad boy image was being popularized the media of time and lets face it the general public was ready to kill the Andy & Opie look , it was time for a change .

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Agent777
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sucherman
I find that many of their newer entry level models have retro styling cues that seem to be working also. You know, retro, as in wanna be versions of rides like a few on this Forum have been riding for more than a few miles.
So are you complimenting or knocking them for that? All this "wanna be" "poser" and "pirate" talk is getting ridiculous. What is is with some people that they feel the need to deride others? Is that what it takes to make themselves feel better?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
sucherman
Club Member

Neither, just an observation on the Mo Co marketing methods. Why? Do you feel I derided you? That wasn't my intent, Agent777, hell I don't even know you, yet.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Agent777
Tourer

Neither, just an observation on the Mo Co marketing methods. Why? Do you feel I derided you? That wasn't my intent, Agent777, hell I don't even know you, yet.
Oh no sir, I don't feel derided. It's just that every thread seems to end up with someone wanting to tell someone else how to ride, what to ride or what to wear when riding and if they don't comply then they're a poser (wannabe). If that wasn't your intention I was wrong for using your post to make my rant.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:30 PM
sucherman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Agent777
Oh no sir, I don't feel derided. It's just that every thread seems to end up with someone wanting to tell someone else how to ride, what to ride or what to wear when riding and if they don't comply then they're a poser (wannabe). If that wasn't your intention I was wrong for using your post to make my rant.
My intention wasn't to tell anyone how or what to do or not. I must admit to a bit of a dig at 357, but nothing to get huffy about. As I said I don't know you, so I will assume we're good.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Agent777
Tourer

My intention wasn't to tell anyone how or what to do or not. I must admit to a bit of a dig at 357, but nothing to get huffy about. As I said I don't know you, so I will assume we're good.
Oh Hell yeah we're good. Although I do think 357 might have had a single valid point deeply buried somewhere in there I think he came on too fast, too strong and with no tact at all. If that river you're by is the Detroit River the first round is on me.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
sucherman
Club Member

Though I'd be willing to swap beers and stories with you the river in question is the little Arkansas as it flows through Wichita, KS.. Let me know if you're ever in my neck of the woods and we can share a lane and a lager.

Quick Reply: Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign