General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

If you didnt assume everyone here was a noob/poser and maybe paused before you shot your mouth off you might actually like it here.

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
I understand it's a natural human thing, around grades 2 or 3, to resolve differences of opinion by calling names. It's obviously clear, too, that there's a small but vocal population among hdforums of grown men who haven't yet matured past this stage. It's been many decades since I could relate to this mindset, but I think it's based on 1. hoping that the target of their disagreement is as juvenile as they are, and 2. hoping that they're also insecure enough to make it hurt their feelings. I don't really get it, but that's as good a guess as any, n'est pas?.

However, when third-graders get SO carried away with their little fits of ****-talking and aspiring to ****-talking outside of the realms of third-grade knowledge, they can sometimes actually endanger themselves, and that's when they begin to need some parental supervision to ensure no one loses a finger. We've reached that point in this thread. One of these kids is lining himself up to lose a hand.

Okay, from the top:

1. I'm still not sure why anyone cares about my signature. As I wrote earlier, I haven't even thought about it since I first put it together, so people focusing on that are obviously butt-hurt and desperately reaching for SOMETHING they can retaliate against. That's the first reason why this kid (and anyone who reads him) should be careful of what he writes.

2. The part of my signature he's responding to has nothing to do with my original post. Again, that speaks to desperation, but it also kind of admits that he CANNOT offer any intelligent commentary on the point I was actually making in the body of my post. Reason to be cautious of what you read here, #2.

3. This neophyte unfortunately appears not to know the difference between a "wadcutter" and a "semiwadcutter." That should be a HUGE red flag right there, that he is probably badly unqualified to offer commentary on load recipes.

4. The companies who make loading handbooks actually test them in pressure chambers, and they DO NOT de-rate the maximum load levels for a margin of safety. When you're at max, that's it: farther than that will exceed SAAMI specifications, and likely lead to case rupture. So never take anything you read from random joes on the internet as a recipe until you've checked it against a professional manual. Once you've checked your manual (and both Lyman and Hornady offer recipes for my loads), you can come back and rub simpkinst's face in it if you like, but whatever you do, don't use trial-and-error to discern which of us is full of ****! You probably WILL lose a finger at minimum if you believe that 6.5 grains of Unique is only a .38 load for that weight of projectile.

5. One mistake he could have made, when reading my recipe, is confusing my powder with a different powder. Unique is very fast-burning, so he's probably used to seeing bigger numbers for other powders. Easy mistake to make, but it kind of leaves him looking like an idiot, to anyone who knows their powders.

6. Another mistake he probably made is looking at a recipe for a lighter projectile. For 158 grains, that extra mass means pressures go up SUPER-fast with a fast-burning powder. He obviously isn't aware of this.

So, as it turns out, this is no target load; it puts dinner on the table. But again, don't take my OR his word for it... look it up yourself, and test it, but don't exceed the maximum, because with this weight bullet and fast-burning powder, case rupture becomes likely VERY quickly after the maximum. That means, likely a lost finger, or possibly even losing a hand. DO NOT load any ammunition based on his input (or mine, until you've checked it against a manual). If you do, and it turns out I'm not loading it light after all, YOU DID NOT do your due diligence, and don't come trying to sue me because I goaded some poor kid into talking **** he knew nothing about.

That said, simpkinst, if YOU decide to put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong, please, please, PLEASE video it and put it on YouTube! We all love a good laugh, and gory movies will make you famous for sure! I'd love to say I had a "hand" in whatever injuries you sustain as a result!

If not, stick to your regular name-calling. It's a beautiful status signal that lets everybody know exactly your level of intellect. Sorry for getting technical and adult on you... carry on!
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-gun-enthusiast-99/

Last edited by soft 02; 03-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dang!! who pissed off paula deen about her bullet recipe???
thats good shootin ya'll

Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,125 Likes on 2,802 Posts

I once shot a piece of paper just for hanging around.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Well I've the original tire made for a motorcycle
and I never carry a gun

and I lost a pissing contest by an inch and a half against a Nun
HEY ! I think my brother trained that nun for the Ecumenical elimination games back in '67. Sorry for the late response, had to step away from the keyboard to spend time with some folks on the sofa last evening. Gmornin all.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:38 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
Oh by the way - if anyone gets that space modulator reference w/o looking it up, i will send them a used set of stock HD cams out of a 2006 88. I don't know what the hell to do with them anyways.

I thought it was a Illudium P-38 Space Modulator, but you are correct sir. I would prefer a gear drive set up, ty!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Martian

Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter616
Duck Rogers of the 21 Century
skwuey Wabbit
I was wrong

Duck Dodgers of the 24 1/2 century

Elmer told me too apologise, before being sued by the Huffington Post

Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,125 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Glad you guys could catch up 10 pages later.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
OsoFat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry. What was the original question? Some soccer mom said something about Duck Rogers' mangina, just for drinking Starbucks with an under-loaded 357?

I may be confused...no, wait, I'm not.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

"One of these kids is lining himself up to lose a hand".

More idle threats from yet another internet tough guy. Your not so subtle insults are indicative of your lack of confidence. Don't be afraid, nobody's going to hurt you, you are doing that to yourself quite well.

Quick Reply: Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign