General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,016 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
"Nuff said" indeed! You have a GARAGE full of motorcycles, whereas theirs are actually out in the street, being ridden, to scenic destinations, with sun and rain and fresh air...

But for some people, that distinction is unimportant. What really matters is what you have in the "garage."

"Nuff said" indeed! Thanks for the beautiful illustration; couldn't have put it better myself!

Where you born that stupid or is it a recent development ? Where exactly do you park a bike ? Mine doesn't sit on the street or in an car port I actually own a house .

PS the mileage thing ? the seat on the bike I've owned 30 yrs now has more than you'll ever manage .

Can't call you a dick that's actually something useful .

Old 03-06-2012, 02:25 PM
jwhardin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe some Harley marketing personnel are reading the HD Forums and seeing the constant criticism, pro and con, of the Harley stereotype, and are going on the record officially!

Harley's taken a lot of heat over the years for trying to sell a "lifestyle," but I think they got the message loud and clearly, and are putting that message out to the world, that jobless, bar-brawling drunks who anchored the stereotype in the past DO NOT help them stay profitable as a company.

Cue the chorus of bar-hopping, flea-infested longbeards whining about the "good old days." Just remember, folks: if you have to beg for respect, that only means you haven't earned it.
you meet the nicest people on a harley.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
.357 Magnum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twiz, you know, I don't even believe you. People who actually have the miles to back up their opinions generally don't HAVE to get into the kind of name-calling nonsense you just did. They don't have to whine and cry on the internet for respect. And they sure as hell don't bitch about people who ARE riding, when they are NOT.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Twiz, you know, I don't even believe you. People who actually have the miles to back up their opinions generally don't HAVE to get into the kind of name-calling nonsense you just did. They don't have to whine and cry on the internet for respect. And they sure as hell don't bitch about people who ARE riding, when they are NOT.

This is speedo number 6 on the bike she likes to eat them between 60,000 and 80,000 miles for some reason . What you got boy ? And I'm really gonna lose sleep over you not believing .

Old 03-06-2012, 02:37 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Interestingly enough HD is still selling biker lifestyle and image, not the product directly and if you look at the ad, the soccer mom is parked in front of a tattoo parlor.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
.357 Magnum
Tourer

I have a whole page of google search results of high-mileage odometers, same as you. It's the internet, scamp. If you can't do any better than "Nuh-uh, YOU'RE stupid," then you're no older or wiser than any other basement-dwelling sixteen-year-old.

Don't show me your google search results of high-mileage odometers. Tell me about the time you saw people who WERE motorcycling, while you were not, and you acted like something OTHER than a jealous little child. THAT'S how you earn respect.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
jwhardin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons
Honda riders are suppose to be the anti-Harley. Nice and friendly.
you must be very disappointed to find out that ******** ride every brand and no one has the market on bad behavior or leather.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

I have a whole page of google search results of high-mileage odometers, same as you. It's the internet, scamp. If you can't do any better than "Nuh-uh, YOU'RE stupid," then you're no older or wiser than any other basement-dwelling sixteen-year-old.

Don't show me your google search results of high-mileage odometers. Tell me about the time you saw people who WERE motorcycling, while you were not, and you acted like something OTHER than a jealous little child. THAT'S how you earn respect.

Well if you take the time to at look the sig bike that's sitting in my driveway of my house with my garage you'll notice it's the same bike in the speedo pic , are you really that dense or just determined to stir it up ?

Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure HD wouldn't want the OP as spokesperson for their "Anti-Stereotype" ad campaign.
Generalizing stereotyping and slinging insults isn't what they hoped to achieve.
They need a new champion.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
.357 Magnum
Tourer

Once again, it's the internet, scamp. You could easily convince me that, yes, that IS your father's motorcycle, so yes, YOU really did take that picture yourself. But that's not the question here.

The question is, ARE you mature enough to behave civilly toward people who ride more than you, or do you ALWAYS have to call them names like a child? I'd love to be convinced of the latter. Convince me you're not part of the immature stereotype Harley's trying to distance themselves from now.

Quick Reply: Harley's new "anti-stereotype" ad campaign