General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comments on my new J & S Jack

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 AM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Got rid of mt J&S as it would not fit under my Fatboy Lo or the wife's 883 Low. Got the Craftsman yellow which does fit.
And I bet the Craftsman is cheaper AND if you bend it trying to Jack up your car they will honor the warranty.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm glad you started this thread. I have a Craftsman aluminum bike lift. It scares the $#!+ out of me when I lift my E-Glide. It sways so much that I will only clean the wheels. Climbing on the front fender??? I'm afraid to put a socket wrench on my seat when it's lifted full. Thanks, keep those comments coming in.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUZZARD II
I'm glad you started this thread. I have a Craftsman aluminum bike lift. It scares the $#!+ out of me when I lift my E-Glide. It sways so much that I will only clean the wheels. Climbing on the front fender??? I'm afraid to put a socket wrench on my seat when it's lifted full. Thanks, keep those comments coming in.

I was going to buy that jack until I saw my friend's Fatboy up on it. Just not comfortable with the thought of my Ultra up on it.

After torqing on that stripped bolt to get the floorboard off with the jack at it's highest point...... no worries about the J & S in the future.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had my J&S since 2007 and love it! I use it all the time and am impressed with it every time I have the bike up on it.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by willryder

Wish i would have known i would have bought yours.
Got my J&S in this week and it fits under my 2011 fat boy lo. Just had to cut the thickness of the shims that came with it in half. Rolls under with know problem and clears from setting on the shocks. Great and well made product.
It worked great until I Lowered the back of my Lo 2". I did not like having to roll the bike up on 2x6's to get the jack under it. I like to use my frame guards as well so I can get to the shocks. The craftsman seems sturdy enough for my Lo and the Sportster and works for routine maint and cleaning. If I need more support I go over to my bud's shop and use his lift and tools. Of course I always provide the beer.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
willryder
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
It worked great until I Lowered the back of my Lo 2". I did not like having to roll the bike up on 2x6's to get the jack under it. I like to use my frame guards as well so I can get to the shocks. The craftsman seems sturdy enough for my Lo and the Sportster and works for routine maint and cleaning. If I need more support I go over to my bud's shop and use his lift and tools. Of course I always provide the beer.
Yeah i can see where lower 2" more would be a inconvenience getting the lift under it. You have a nice bike there..