General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I bought this helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
bowlerwa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool looking helmet.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master

I have a black drifter that sits on my shelf collecting dust. Even with a shield you're going to have to keep that chin strap tight.

On the plus side, it's almost like riding without a helmet, with a nice cool breeze flowing over the top of your head while the helmet hovers inches above.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

If the helmet is causing this sort of problem send it back. Maybe a good head thump will be the cure.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
jskibs
Advanced

Bell has recently come out with a Drifter Dlx. It has a plastic adjustment gizmo on the back to supposedly help with the parachute effect. Me, I've given up on the 1/2 helmets and just got me a Rockhard American Classic 3/4.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jskibs
Bell has recently come out with a Drifter Dlx. It has a plastic adjustment gizmo on the back to supposedly help with the parachute effect. Me, I've given up on the 1/2 helmets and just got me a Rockhard American Classic 3/4.
I'm with you on that. I can NOT ride with my 1/2 helm and no windshield at highway speed.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
+1 on that one of the worst helmets I ever bought. It parachutes at speeds over 45mph you have to keep looking down not safe. Cause it catches the wind. I have the same one OD green. Its for sale $45.00 plus shipping. Wore it once. Have original box and tags. Like new. Size MED
lol, too funny. this reminds me of the post, 'Parachute for sale, only used once, never opened, Has a large stain on it!'

the simple truth of the matter is, wear what you want. who cares what someone else thinks anyway? you're gonna spend bookoo bucks trying to go for 'that look' and it's all gonna be wasted anyway. someone will always think you look goofy.

personally, i don't like the looks of the helmet, you could spend thousands of dollars to get 'matching' gear, and i'm still not gonna like it. but i won't begrudge you the choice to wear what you like.....

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Only problem is that it is a discontinued jacket and made for a limited time. There is another new jack very similar to it. Harley-Davidson Men's Road Warrior 3-in-1 Cotton Canvas Jacket. 98400-10VM
that jacket shown above was for model year 2012, the one you are referencing is for 2010. so unless it is a 'core' series, the op will have the same problems finding one.

Last edited by skratch; 03-02-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
lol, too funny. this reminds me of the post, 'Parachute for sale, only used once, never opened, Has a large stain on it!'

the simple truth of the matter is, wear what you want. who cares what someone else thinks anyway? you're gonna spend bookoo bucks trying to go for 'that look' and it's all gonna be wasted anyway. someone will always think you look goofy.

personally, i don't like the looks of the helmet, you could spend thousands of dollars to get 'matching' gear, and i'm still not gonna like it. but i won't begrudge you the choice to wear what you like.....

that jacket shown above was for model year 2012, the one you are referencing is for 2010. so unless it is a 'core' series, the op will have the same problems finding one.

Yeah already having issues with finding it, bummer With all these stories of this helmet being a wind sail it may go back anyways.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,037 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
+1 on that one of the worst helmets I ever bought. It parachutes at speeds over 45mph you have to keep looking down not safe. Cause it catches the wind. I have the same one OD green. Its for sale $45.00 plus shipping. Wore it once. Have original box and tags. Like new. Size MED
With a sales pitch like that you should have it sold in no time!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

the helmet, and then the jacket.......whats next? A Sherman tank?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
the helmet, and then the jacket.......whats next? A Sherman tank?

I don't I was thinking of maybe some mounted artillery for my bike . You never know when you will run into the zombie apocalypse

Quick Reply: So I bought this helmet