General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T Bag and Tent Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rossn2
Would like to see a pic of luggage on a HD Tour Pack rack??? Anyone use a bag on top of the rack on Ultra Classic, Electra Glide,etc?

Pretty much keep it simple for a 2 week trip.
Tent,sleeping bag,roll up mattress, small cooler,pot/pan kit.

With the tourpak everyfits in it except tent sleep bag.
I have a small bag on the tourpak rack with my raingear.....

Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got REI and T Bag, impressions....

Got the REI Half Dome 4. Extremely happy with it. Pack size fits very nicely on bike and there's some options on how to pack it depending on solo or with passenger. Roomy with plenty of space. I'm 5'6 and can't stand fully up, but still plenty of head room for a tent. Do wish the rain fly had a bit more space between it and the tent for better ventilation. But, overall an A+ from me.

The T Bag Expandable TBU210A is another story. I expected more for $235. Pack handles plenty of gear and size is not an issue. Do wish it had a side access option. Would make for better packing. Problem is my luggage rack on the Dyna is not that long. Bag sags and would cover license plate and lights when packed on the luggage rack. NOT ideal! Wish it had a ridgid bottom. Will have to modify it some how. If I were to do over would go with a ridgid bag rather than soft side.

Bones.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Throw-over saddlebags plus a T-Bag on the sissy-bar provide most of my storage, w/ bivy/bag/bedroll separate.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bones77
Got the REI Half Dome 4. Extremely happy with it. Pack size fits very nicely on bike and there's some options on how to pack it depending on solo or with passenger. Roomy with plenty of space. I'm 5'6 and can't stand fully up, but still plenty of head room for a tent. Do wish the rain fly had a bit more space between it and the tent for better ventilation. But, overall an A+ from me.

The T Bag Expandable TBU210A is another story. I expected more for $235. Pack handles plenty of gear and size is not an issue. Do wish it had a side access option. Would make for better packing. Problem is my luggage rack on the Dyna is not that long. Bag sags and would cover license plate and lights when packed on the luggage rack. NOT ideal! Wish it had a ridgid bottom. Will have to modify it some how. If I were to do over would go with a ridgid bag rather than soft side.

Bones.
To give my T-bag a rigid bottom and sides.. I cut some heavy duty corrigated cardboard ... has lasted two years and spent$3 in materials. Pacj gear against the sides gives the cardboard a little more stability.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ynots
Check out the Saddlemen S3500 Drifter Deluxe Sissy Bar Bags The adjustments are top notch and the rigid construction holds bag shape even when empty. they are also a side loading bag... Great reviews. They look more impressive after you check them out

I have this exact bag and love it. Got it after having a T-bag for a couple of years and dealt with the sagging issue. Sold it and got the Saddleman bag. Never looked back. A buddy has the same bag and loves it. The sideload (either side) makes it very nice for packing. I would strongly recommend this bag to anyone.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Puggy
Tourer

Originally Posted by ynots
Check out the Saddlemen S3500 Drifter Deluxe Sissy Bar Bags The adjustments are top notch and the rigid construction holds bag shape even when empty. they are also a side loading bag... Great reviews. They look more impressive after you check them out

I have this exact bag and love it. Got it after having a T-bag for a couple of years and dealt with the sagging issue. Sold it and got the Saddleman bag. Never looked back. A buddy has the same bag and loves it. The sideload (either side) makes it very nice for packing. I would strongly recommend this bag to anyone. Plus, it's about $50 less than the t-bag. I think I paid around $165 for mine about 3 years ago.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puggy
I have this exact bag and love it. Got it after having a T-bag for a couple of years and dealt with the sagging issue. Sold it and got the Saddleman bag. Never looked back. A buddy has the same bag and loves it. The sideload (either side) makes it very nice for packing. I would strongly recommend this bag to anyone.
Yep. When I grow weary of the T Bag that's what I'll be going with. How would you compare interior packing volume?

Bones

Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Puggy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bones77
Yep. When I grow weary of the T Bag that's what I'll be going with. How would you compare interior packing volume?

Bones
About the same if not just a tad better than the Tbag. At least my wife seems to pack more **** with this one.........lol

Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Would like to see a pic of luggage on a HD Tour Pack rack??? Anyone use a bag on top of the rack on Ultra Classic, Electra Glide,etc?
I use the harley sac pac and the round accessory bag that can hold ice for cold stuff and 2 up, shes loaded for sure. Avg about 400 a day and stay in motels.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:17 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

I use a Dakota Bag made by T-bag. Plenty of room. Down side is it will leak in heavy rain. A rain bag of sorts came with it but is quite a bit less than functional at 70 mph it will balloon up. Trash bag inside works better.

Quick Reply: T Bag and Tent Recommendations