Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laconia! Advice wanted. Anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JefFLH
The house passed it, but it's not law. They have a long road to make it law.
Exactly the time to boycott

Old 03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
foxhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think people go to Laconia hoping to see the old fashion type of boozing, bikes and babes like the old days. But those days are gone. When I go up, I go to camp with friends. Meet new people. and ride. New Hampshire is for riding. We spend very little time at the Weirs. The Kanc. Mt. Washington, Bentleys. As mentioned previously, if you want to enjoy a wild, drunken, topless biker party, go to the rallies like Harley Rendezvous or Chillicothe....But yes, you will get wet.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Yup, they old days of titty shows, burnouts, wheelies, and car burnings are over, I don't even know why I go anymore...

On the funny side, I do like to see some of the off the wall vendors there, one booth had nothing but "*******" gear!!
I mean every single hat, T-shirt, jacket, sticker, whatever had "I'm an *******" on it! Even the 2 guys running the booth looked like a
couple of real ********. Surprisingly enough, they weren't getting much business. And those booths aren't cheap either, hundreds for a booth to sell ******* gear, what were these guys thinking?? Bunch a real ********! LOL
Can you imagine them setting up their business plan, Hey, lets go to Laconia and sell our badass beanies, we should get rich!
Some said, "can you you see me now", with a huge ******* on the shirt. WTF

Last edited by Ragtop; 03-04-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
leprechaun667
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

we gave up on Laconia a few years ago. I went there about 6 years, had 1 year that it didnt rain all the way there. It was getting very commercialized and just wasn't as exciting as when we first started going. Harley Rendezvous is the weekend after fathers day. the weekend after Laconia. we have still hit rain on occasion, but not near as often as when we were going to Laconia. I must say just about every year; there is some sort of rain (at least once for the weekend) still better than spending most of the week Drying out. Rendezvous is on private property and is a wild party. The party waiting to get in can be better than the party once you get in sometimes. As for the ride,,, there is beautiful country out there in NY. Lake George, Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame. They have a WWII destroyer ship on display over on the river in Albany- great ride to Albany, Excellent tour through the ship. Either way you decide to go; enjoy your vacation. Maybe I'll see you there

Last edited by leprechaun667; 03-04-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:14 PM
byronmackelroy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend Steele Hill Resorts. They are 15 miles from Weirs Beach and the place has crazy amenities, hot tubs, pools, golf. All the rooms I have stayed in have full kitchens and decks too.

They are running a midweek deal for like $99 a night. Probably can't beat that. Here is a link to a Motorcycle Week story they just posted. It isn't right in Weirs Beach, but I have had a good experience staying there for bike week in the past.