General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biatch wrecked my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:46 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Biatch wrecked my new bike

The only reason cell phones are not banned everywhere, while driving a vehicle, is the sleazy politician's get paid off by the cell phone lobbyists. I read where the percentage of accidents directly caused by morons on cell phones is considerably greater then recorded, because no one admits that they were using a cell phone, when they cause an accident. If someone in a cage is driving erratically while using a cell phone, I don't think it is any different than them pointing a gun at me. I should be able to take them out in self defense.
Tom

Old 12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN!!..that sucks. Glad you came thru it though.

Thats why at red lights, when possible, I'll cut up to the front and sit there rather than sit behind a car, "last in line"...eliminates the idiots who just don't see you, let alone when they're on the cellphone/drunk/dealing with kids in the backseat/fixing their makeup/changing radio stations/etc.

Especially now with everyone racing around to get ready for the holidays.

Sue her azz and good luck getting your scoot fixed.!

Old 12-20-2006, 04:38 PM
paulca
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear your bad experience and I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

If this person gets off with a slap on the wrists they'll do it again and next time may kill someone, wherasif she is made to suffer some pain (financial) she is less likely to do it and it will act as a warning to her friends / associates that using a cell phone whilst driving isn't worth it. By taking strong legal action you could be saving a life or lives, even hers.

I hope this all works outfine for you; that you recover quickly and end up better off in some way for this bad experience.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

Got t-boned in the drivers door 2 years ago last week by a woman,suv.cellphone. Totaled two good trucks.still hurt from that.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
southpaw
Road Warrior

damn dude, sorry to hear about the bike but glad your OK!

Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Good your not in worse shape than you are, and the bike can be fixed. Real sorry to hear this. Like the rest said, SUE HER AZZ OFF.
I really wish they would ban cell phone use while driving.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:04 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: Cognizant

My bike is an 06 FXST.

The Trooper who responded to the scene wrote her a ticket, which she surely deserves.

She has insurance but WITHOUT any medical coverage (it's not mandatory in Florida)so all they will fix is my bike. I have to fall back on my own insurance for the medical stuff and the way my policy was written I'm only covered for $500 for this particular type of injury, guess that's my fault for being ignorant.

She'sa working mom (imageing coordinator at a local hospital)with twosmall children. If I tried to sue her I expect I'd have to finance the attorney myself, and probably would end up in the same boat as Mikey 1450 did, but I will definatly talk to an attorney about this. Hell, I just had surgery on my neck six weeks ago, so they're scheduling me for an MRI because they saw something on the xray that concerned them. I can't really tell what's going on in my neck right now because every muscle connected to it issopainful and inflamed.
Gee, that sucks. In Oklahoma you have to have a minimum of $10,000 coverage for injuries to others. I carry $500,000 for such coverage plus an umbrella for an additional4 million.
I don't think whether you get paid for medical has anything to do whether she has medical. Her LIABILITY insurance covers hitting you including paying your medical I believe. Her medical is only to pay for any injuries she receives in an accident.

Hate those morons on the cell phone. Most ignore the handsfree requirments. I love the ones who are using a speakerphone to meet the letter of the law and holding it an inch in front of their mouth. DUH!! I use my phone in the car, but always with a bluetooth headset so that I have both hands. I've learned to treat it no different than having a conversation with someone in the car - always look ahead, etc. And being a biker has made me more aware of cars and bikes..

Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Sectioneight
Cruiser

Man, does that suck...glad you are OK

Old 12-20-2006, 07:02 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fully agree w/ grunt on the dui, etc.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What if she were the first person in line at a light where there was a crosswalk and she hit a child crossing the street? Better yet, what if she goes on to do that in the future and you find out about it? Could you live with yourself knowing you didn't do all you could to teach her a lesson?

Quick Reply: Biatch wrecked my new bike