General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biatch wrecked my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Biatch wrecked my new bike

You are going to have a sore neck for awhile. Glad you're OK though. Could have been a whole lot worst.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cognizant
My bike is an 06 FXST.
The Trooper who responded to the scene wrote her a ticket, which she surely deserves.

She has insurance but WITHOUT any medical coverage (it's not mandatory in Florida)so all they will fix is my bike. I have to fall back on my own insurance for the medical stuff and the way my policy was written I'm only covered for $500 for this particular type of injury, guess that's my fault for being ignorant.

She'sa working mom (imageing coordinator at a local hospital)with twosmall children. If I tried to sue her I expect I'd have to finance the attorney myself, and probably would end up in the same boat as Mikey 1450 did, but I will definatly talk to an attorney about this. Hell, I just had surgery on my neck six weeks ago, so they're scheduling me for an MRI because they saw something on the xray that concerned them. I can't really tell what's going on in my neck right now because every muscle connected to it issopainful and inflamed.
Hope nothing is really torn in the neck. AFA herbeing a working mom, I would not let that stop me from going after her for full restitution. Bitch committed a crime, she gets to pay. Maybe if she has to get a 1980 Chevette so little Susie can get braces she'll think hard about driving like such a dumbass. As it is now she pays little, suffers none, and will continue to peck away on her phone as she wipes out someone else.

And folks wonder why I hate everyone. Geesh!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps she would drive better if she had that cell phone shoved way up inside her ignorant, negligent beeotch ***!

Take care man......get the scoot fixed,

You could just keep a billy club in a drop leg holster and periodically, for no reason at all, pull it out and wail on some ding-ding'sSUV while at a stop light....but I suppose that would be bad karma huh?

Be careful bro.....glad you are okay.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
allen.m
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bike. Glad you are ok.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:20 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cognizant

My bike is an 06 FXST.

The Trooper who responded to the scene wrote her a ticket, which she surely deserves.

She has insurance but WITHOUT any medical coverage (it's not mandatory in Florida)so all they will fix is my bike. I have to fall back on my own insurance for the medical stuff and the way my policy was written I'm only covered for $500 for this particular type of injury, guess that's my fault for being ignorant.

She'sa working mom (imageing coordinator at a local hospital)with twosmall children. If I tried to sue her I expect I'd have to finance the attorney myself, and probably would end up in the same boat as Mikey 1450 did, but I will definatly talk to an attorney about this. Hell, I just had surgery on my neck six weeks ago, so they're scheduling me for an MRI because they saw something on the xray that concerned them. I can't really tell what's going on in my neck right now because every muscle connected to it issopainful and inflamed.
Gee, that sucks. In Oklahoma you have to have a minimum of $10,000 coverage for injuries to others. I carry $500,000 for such coverage plus an umbrella for an additional4 million.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
dynrdave
Road Master

I hate people like this, I can sit on my front porch and watch them on there way to work in the morning with a donut in one hand and a cell phone in the other, my favorite is the guy reading a newspaper while driving or the woman with the sunvisor down puting on makeup on with one hand and sreering wheel with the outher.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 AM
scubabike420
Cruiser

I'm all about being a smart ***. I'd send her a Christmas card wishing her a merry Christmas and good health. Tell her that the whiplash still hurts but you're optimistic and that it was a small price to pay for allowing her to finish her important phone call.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

Cognizant... Since WHEN is medical coverage NOT mandatory in Florida??? I've always thought that protection for the other person WAS mandatory? If it is and she doesn't have it, it is sufficient to have her license suspended (or at least it used to be!).

For under a hundred bucks you can get a record of her cell phone activity which should have numbers called and times. This will prove her being on the phone at the time of the accident and should be of benifit to you.

Don't hold back on her at all!!! Her next victim could be ME!!! Sue her for every dime you can!!! Get as much of her driving history as you can. You're could easily been killed or permanently crippled and there's no reason for a moment's consideration for her welfare.

Sorry for the choppy sentence structure... I'm and work and agitated!!!

Glad you survived being hit by an SUV!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,489 Likes on 4,381 Posts

Hopefully all the money that needs to flow to you will be easy to get.

Consider one more thing... in your jurisdiction if you can get involved in what the court fines her, first ask for a hearing or audience before the judge and see if you can get an example REALLY made of these dangerous phreaks who drive dangerously by their own conscious actions.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually I have to completely agree with Kiltiemon, these people don't learn when it doesn't directly affect them. She may see her insurance rates go up a few hundred dollars a year, but if you sue her and make it hurt in the pocketbook...maybe she'll learn to be more careful if the mistake is costly.

It could have been one hell of a lot worse...what happens next time she's on the phone and coming to a stop at a red light rather than beginning to accelerate.

Quick Reply: Biatch wrecked my new bike