General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biatch wrecked my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Biatch wrecked my new bike

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

ORIGINAL: Cognizant

I was second in line at a traffic light, when it turned green I no sooner started to release the clutch and WHAM, my head snaps back, I'm seeing stars and standing over the seat running forward, instinctively keeping the bike upright for the next 15 feet before it stopped rolling. I expect what kept me from going down was the fact that it stalled on impact and the license plate & tailight folded up between the fender and tire which helped slow it down. The woman who hit me was driving an SUV and chatting on her cell phone (according to a witness). My only injury is whiplash, not too serious according to the x-rays, but plenty painful. The worst part was seeing my baby all scrunched up andbeing loaded onto a trailer. BAH HUMBUG!
Sue the **** off her[:@]
Along with her azz......dumbeotch( Not bashing women, woulda been a basterd if a man)

Old 12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I,m glad your ok, the bike can be repaired. I hope she has insurance. This happened to me and the driver who hit mehad allowed his coverage to lapse. I sued,... he filed bankrupcy,I actually paid money (case filing, garneshment etc.)thru the court system to get nothing from him. I hope yours evoloves to your satisfaction.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Danester
Road Master

DUDE!

Pissed me off to think about that one; glad your OK to share this story here, instead of reading an obituary on the cause of some yappin woman in an SUV (who would most likely get off with a slap on the wrist and be on her way)

Old 12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sue her *** off. This is absolutely criminal negligence, but our panty-waste (purposely chosen) losers in government do not want to **** off the telephone companies. Studies have proven without any reasonable doubt that driving while on the phone is as bad as being drunk.

So either remove that from the criminal books (and watch the body count rise) or do the f'n right thing and make cell phone usage the same as a DUI. 1st time, loss of license for 6 months. 2nd - 1 yr; 3rd-forever, with felony jail time. Hit or kill someone and go right to level 3.

If it is so damn important to make a call, pull off the road idiots.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:48 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hope ya wished her a Merry X=Mas

Old 12-20-2006, 10:13 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Her insurance should pay for repairing your bike, cover your medical expenses, reimburse you for lost wages, provide you a rental vehicle if the bike was your primary mode of transportation and compensate you about $1,500 for pain and suffering due to minor whiplash.Go ahead and settle with the insurance company for the property damage portion of the claim but don't settle the medical portion until you're sure that you're ok. If your medical expenses were covered by your own health insurance, you must reimburse your insurance company from the settlement including any PPO discounts which you received. The woman's insurance company must pay you the full retail price of all medical services provided and can't reduce the settlement for PPO discounts which you may receive. No, I'm not a lawyer. My daughter was rear ended by a drunk illegal alien at a stop light last summer and this is fresh on my mind. Can't believe he had insurance, but he did. He couldn't speak a lick of English. The traffic cop had to wait for a translator and by then he was passed out.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad to hear you were able to walk away from it. Let the insurance companies
fight it out and hire a lawyer as a last resort if needed. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Cognizant
Tourer

My bike is an 06 FXST.

The Trooper who responded to the scene wrote her a ticket, which she surely deserves.

She has insurance but WITHOUT any medical coverage (it's not mandatory in Florida)so all they will fix is my bike. I have to fall back on my own insurance for the medical stuff and the way my policy was written I'm only covered for $500 for this particular type of injury, guess that's my fault for being ignorant.

She'sa working mom (imageing coordinator at a local hospital)with twosmall children. If I tried to sue her I expect I'd have to finance the attorney myself, and probably would end up in the same boat as Mikey 1450 did, but I will definatly talk to an attorney about this. Hell, I just had surgery on my neck six weeks ago, so they're scheduling me for an MRI because they saw something on the xray that concerned them. I can't really tell what's going on in my neck right now because every muscle connected to it issopainful and inflamed.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad your ok and the bike isn't to bad. Did they cite her for the cell phone use?[:@]

Old 12-20-2006, 10:56 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cognizant

She'sa working mom (imageing coordinator at a local hospital)with twosmall children. If I tried to sue her I expect I'd have to finance the attorney myself, and probably would end up in the same boat as Mikey 1450 did, but I will definatly talk to an attorney about this. Hell, I just had surgery on my neck six weeks ago, so they're scheduling me for an MRI because they saw something on the xray that concerned them. I can't really tell what's going on in my neck right now because every muscle connected to it issopainful and inflamed.
Will pray for your neck Bro

Quick Reply: Biatch wrecked my new bike