General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G Battle Cry Touring Rally

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
The Lost Pirate
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure it's not 32.50????? Because there is NO F'ing way I would pay that kind of money for a rally of any kind. Dude for 325.00 bucks you could see a hell of allot of country on a bike. Do you really need to have a guide?????? Good grief.... 325.00 bucks

Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

$325--surely that includes a blow job and a couple of new tires. HOG ought to figure out a way to put on a couple of nationals a year...lots of clowns out there with money burning holes in their pockets.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 AM
DTDK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
So WTF do you get for your $325. Just access to the events? I am not into HOG for many reasons but that seems like a lot of money for nothing. I have paid much less for camping and all you can eat and drink beer & BBQ at 3 day events.

I see you are in Scony, i am just over the boarder in minnesota.
Where are these three day events with bbq and beer?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 AM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Angry

I was also interested in that HOG rally that they offered since it is somewhat close to where I live. I was wondering what the cost is since I never had done any of those national rides. I guess they just killed it for me. Heck I can do my own ride with hotels and food and gas to the same place for 500 bucks. I figured if it was 100 or less to register I would go. Even the State HOG rally's are only 40 bucks and most of the time you get a t-shirt, pin and some other junk.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Don't get caught wearing a HOG patch that ya didn't earn.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
jmio
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gazzalodi
$325!!!?? And you don't even get "commemorative items"? Seriously come to vegas, for 325 you can get a tshirt and lots of shame filled memories that you hope never get back to the spouse.

im in!!!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Here ya go:

Battle Cry – September 26-29
The 4 day ride will travel through Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee. The ride will incorporate visits to Harley-Davidson dealerships, several Civil War historical sites and the Wheels through Time motorcycle museum. During the tour, a re-enactment speaker will present a brief history of the Fredericksburg Battle on location at Spotsylvania. Riding some of the most beautiful roads in the USA we will cruise through the back roads of the Smoky Mountains and jointly experience amongst other spectacular rides the Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon. The journey will be roughly 950 miles, with very limited interstate. Registration for the Battle Cry Touring Rally opens on March 1, 2012.

So for your $425 you get to follow the crowd wearing your official HOG t-shirt, pin, and rally patch. WHOOOOOHOOOO!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny K
Okay, I'm going. First time doing a H.O.G. National Touring Rally, and I've got a few questions for the forum:

1. Dear Lord, are these things always this expensive? $325 for a four-day rally (with meals and lodging extra), and an extra $100 if you want the pins and the T shirt? Wow!!!!

2. For those that have done these things before, did you feel it was worth what you paid?

3. Anybody else planning on going?
Sounds like the cub scouts for your kids. You think it's all fun and games until you have to spend all your time making money for the trips.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear the Bingo games at HOG events are exciting...

Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Ockam
Tourer

I am usually pretty lenient on the HOG crap that's dished out, being a subscribed member but not part of a local chapter. That said, the majority of these guys are right...that's insane at just about any price.

It's your money and if you want to meet new people and have the cash to spend go for it.

Personally, I would rather map out a route with a few good friends, pack camping gear on the bike, and do a 4 day ride on a budget of $425. Now that sounds like a plan.

Quick Reply: H.O.G Battle Cry Touring Rally