General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Lady on a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
My daughter would kill me if I posted her picture on here. And I know my wife would slowly torture me to death, if I called her fat on the internet. Some guys like to live on the edge.
I asked her first, would never deliberately do anything to embarrass her or hurt her feelings. She said a few more won't hurt, she's already been in some news and magazine articles. Won't be pictures or talk of the ex. I try to be polite and respectful with the ladies, and never tell them what I really think.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I asked her first, would never deliberately do anything to embarrass her or hurt her feelings. She said a few more won't hurt, she's already been in some news and magazine articles. Won't be pictures or talk of the ex. I try to be polite and respectful with the ladies, and never tell them what I really think.
My first wife and I have been split well over 30 yrs , my daughter still calls me regularly about the tantrums and get even games my ex still dreams up & goes on about . I'm waiting her out so I can **** on her headstone .

No love loss ............

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 02-23-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Loner88
Her 1100 Classic was more of man's bike, kinda like a Harley, and she had a pretty good look going on with it, what with her riding outfit , and becoming a more confident rider. And that coincided with guys starting to come on to her when she was riding by herself. Then she bought the Heritage and did a 3,000 mile Solo trip to San Jose and back last Summer, and it was during the trip that even young guys started hitting on her. So, must a be Harley thing, right?

Her riding that Harley 3,000 miles all by herself, doing something that she was pretty damned scared about, and doing it successfully, well, that I think is was it really was.

So that's my conclusion, it's not the Harley, it was her riding that Harley on that Solo trip that did it. She found out some things about herself, and found those things to be good, and that's what's showing. I think it looks pretty damn good on her.
That is very cool of you to acknowledge your wife as you do. You can tell there is alot of respect there. And, I gotta agree that confidence in your abilities can affect you in a positive way. When you feel good about yourself, it shows in everything you do. I really admire her for that trip she made solo! I think I've been on the road you describe she was on.

My husband doesn't really like me to go out solo on my bike. If there is somewhere I want to go, he usually goes with me. Usually, I just ride on the weekends with him or in the summertime I'll ride to work, but that's just short distance now. When I do venture out alone on my bike to go pick something up in town, I usually will get "chatted up" by a few guys. Are they hitting on me? I'm not sure, maybe some are. Usually just a casual "nice bike", "how long have you been riding?", etc... comments. I'll chat while putting on my jacket/helmet and off I go.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
No love lose ............
I get along even better with mine now, but then we don't cross paths often. As divorces go, it was pretty amicable, but I wouldn't call it enjoyable by any means. And it won't happen again.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

I get along even better with mine now, but then we don't cross paths often. As divorces go, it was pretty amicable, but I wouldn't call it enjoyable by any means. And it won't happen again.
Was on good terms with my second for a long time , we still bumped uglies for 10 years after whenever I was in town . Too bad the booze took her down the rabbit hole .

Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Angelfire36
...When I do venture out alone on my bike to go pick something up in town, I usually will get "chatted up" by a few guys. Are they hitting on me? I'm not sure, maybe some are. Usually just a casual "nice bike", "how long have you been riding?", etc... comments. I'll chat while putting on my jacket/helmet and off I go.
Yeah, some guys are probably hitting on you, but a lot of us just enjoy conversation with a lady that looks like she can take care of herself (if you're on a Harley, that's just assumed); even a lot of guys can't do that very well any more. I'd probably talk to a lot more ladies than I do, but I don't want them thinking I'm hitting on them, so I usually let them start the conversation, if there's going to be one. Was getting on my sportster one day and a lady parked next to me on a really sharp looking sportster; I looked her bike over, she gave mine a long look, glanced at me, and walked into the store. Never a word, but that's usually the way it is for me. I enjoy a friendly moment with about anyone, with no intention of more than that, but just getting harder in today's society to have one with a lady. Or maybe it always was and I've finally grown up enough to realize it.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Was getting on my sportster one day and a lady parked next to me on a really sharp looking sportster; I looked her bike over, she gave mine a long look, glanced at me, and walked into the store. Never a word, but that's usually the way it is for me.
I would have at least said "nice bike" or something like that. I am in a small town and everybody says "Hi" to everybody, so I guess I'm just used to that. I don't just assume someone wants something from me if they start a casual conversation. Happens all the time around here. (I guess I do understand though, we came from a metro area and were amazed when we first moved here and everybody was waving at us. It was like, who was that? Now we are the ones waving and saying "Hi" to complete strangers.)

Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,747 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
My first wife and I have been split well over 30 yrs , my daughter still calls me regularly about the tantrums and get even games my ex still dreams up & goes on about . I'm waiting her out so I can **** on her headstone .

No love lose ............
The best revenge - "Ha, ha, you're dead and I'm not!"