General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New for 2012 Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby9621
Let us know what you think of it on the road!
Would love to get out and use it today but my StreetGlide is at the painter's shop getting a new "doo".

Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Shoei and Arai make the best helmets. When I owned full face helmets they were all arai. Expensive but well worth it. Top notch.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

FWIW

I ride with my modular helmet open (up) all the time on slow roads (under 40 mph) then snap it down for highway riding - best of both worlds

Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie
FWIW

I ride with my modular helmet open (up) all the time on slow roads (under 40 mph) then snap it down for highway riding - best of both worlds
I do the same unless it's cold out or bug season where I'm at ATM.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:37 PM
TxEasyGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought a Neotec and it arrived last week. Took it out for a test run. Very quiet yet I could still hear the car coming up beside me. I paid $584.00 no tax, no shipping from Iron Pony.com. It arrived 4 days after ordering. I shopped for several weeks and finally pulled the trigger. The Multitec didn't fit, my chin hit the chin bar. The Neotec is made longer in the chin and I have about 1.5 inches of room. So far, I am pleased, I will now try to figure out the Harley intercom system and get that fitted in the helmet. The way I figure it, I only have one head and Shoei is one of the best.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Havic08
Tourer

I am really liking my Neotec as well. I picked up the wine color to go with my bike. Its really its nice looking helmet. As for the riding, its real quiet but I still can hear the speakers just fine. The cooling is really good and I love the sun shield. My glasses slide easily in and I do not need to wear earplugs. I used to wear them due to the air pressure on the ears but not with this helmet.

Only Con, is it is little heavier than my old HD modular. So taking little getting used to the weight.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The local BMW dealer has "Demonstrator" helmets, you can take them out on a ride, and they have them in sizes people wear, not just small. I wish they had the Neotec, but they do have the new Schuberth modular, which I am going to try when the weather and business hours support it. If I don't like that I guess it will be taken a shot on the Neotec

Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TxEasyGlider
Bought a Neotec and it arrived last week. Took it out for a test run. Very quiet yet I could still hear the car coming up beside me. I paid $584.00 no tax, no shipping from Iron Pony.com. It arrived 4 days after ordering. I shopped for several weeks and finally pulled the trigger. The Multitec didn't fit, my chin hit the chin bar. The Neotec is made longer in the chin and I have about 1.5 inches of room. So far, I am pleased, I will now try to figure out the Harley intercom system and get that fitted in the helmet. The way I figure it, I only have one head and Shoei is one of the best.
Got one a couple of weeks ago. $550 at a Honda shop in Montgomery AL. All the linings come out so installing the HD headset will be easy. I just put in helmet speakers.

Quietest modular I have used but I still wear earplugs to save what hearing I have left. If the clear visor is full up or full down, no wind noise, crack it up a notch and some noise. But earplugs. Put 1700 miles in it earlier in the week and I am happy with the purchase. Very good optically inner tinted shield. Solid chin bar latching and easy to open close.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I've had my Neotec for about 4 weeks. I love it. I've had a Multitec for about 5 years and figured it was time for an upgrade. If you can stomach the price of a Multitec the extra $150 for the Neotec is worth it due to the internal sun shield and venting that you can really feel at work. Also the build in speaker pockets sure beats hacking up the inside like I had to do on my Multitec.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
TaterSaladonaRoadking
Tourer

Tried the helmet on at an MC show. They claim it is lighter but it still felt like a 15 lbs brick. No thanks, not for that type of money or weight

Quick Reply: New for 2012 Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet