General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Farm

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: State Farm

I used to have State Farm for everything. Home, auto, life. Paid for years with no claims. Then I had some tools stolen. What a mess. First tried to say they weren't covered, then jerked me around and put me through a 3 HOUR DEPOSITION!! You'd have thought I was the criminal!!

Finally got paid part of my loss, and then I cancelled THEM. Switched all my business to other companies.

Payback is a *****!!!!

Old 12-17-2006, 11:22 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a question jimbo,

Did you and your wife meet because you filed a claim ? lol
ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

hmmmmm....this is touchy for me.......My wife has worked for the Farm for 29 years. She is a Claim Rep. She tells me, almost daily, how her day went, and what she was involved with. Some days, I say, "wow, that was interesting...." to totally ignoring her.
Some things she tells me, my radar catches, and I ask, "why did ya'll do that"....

All in all, I had the Farm before I met her.....homeowners, vehicles, life, credit union......I have a lot of friends from college in that business, and all I can say is,,,,,,you better tell your Dad to stay with the Farm.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM
jimbo21165
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: toyrider

Here's a question jimbo,

Did you and your wife meet because you filed a claim ? lol
ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

hmmmmm....this is touchy for me.......My wife has worked for the Farm for 29 years. She is a Claim Rep. She tells me, almost daily, how her day went, and what she was involved with. Some days, I say, "wow, that was interesting...." to totally ignoring her.
Some things she tells me, my radar catches, and I ask, "why did ya'll do that"....

All in all, I had the Farm before I met her.....homeowners, vehicles, life, credit union......I have a lot of friends from college in that business, and all I can say is,,,,,,you better tell your Dad to stay with the Farm.
nah, we met on her birthday. My beer drinking buddy was dating her roommate. I got snockered, she took me home, locked me out of her bedroom,I slept on the floor, she took me to my truck the next day....I avoided her for about 6 months, and voila, I wormed my way back in.

I don't get a damn discount either...lol!!!

Old 12-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I know a guy who had serious water damage to his RV, had SF, they took it to a repair shop, the shop said, "toatal" , they ended up paying him MORE for the trailer than he paid for it because of all the upgraded appaointments inside, and the condition of it as well. Yes, he's still with SF. I've got SF myself, have had for 38 years , not many complaints at all.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it has to be the agent, I had 2 cars totaled withen 2 months, both hit in the rear, they coverd both, had hail damage to my roof they cover that, I hit a deer in 03 with my 99 flht and they fixed that to the tune of $6800 I have everything with them, my agent is a up front guy, word is if its not your fault they take care of you, but if you screw up then it might be your butt..don't want to test that theory though.. I know I pay them about $1400 a year preiums for two bikes, one truck and for home owners plus a 1,000,000 libilty policy, so far so good, been with them for about 30 years now.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:04 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask HC about State Farm!!

Old 12-21-2006, 11:03 AM
flyinlow
Advanced

As was previously mentioned, any insurance company would have probably done the same. Its all about managing loss and potential loss.

I have had State Farm since I was 16 (going on 30 years). I shop around every two years for insurance and no one can beat their price on premiums. I have everything insured with them, 2 bikes, three cars, house. I have had zero issues with claims. I had an accident on a bike a few years ago and they totaled the bike and I got what I paid for the bike. I had a lightning strike outside the house that fried a bunch of electronics (even with surge suppressors) and they didn't question it at all. I was also told by my agent since my wife and I have both been life long customers that they will not deny us coverage for any reason. Thats not to say that coverage couldn't come at a high price, but they (he) will not drop us.

As the story goes, there are two sides to every story.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:57 AM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

State Farm has done right by me. Been with them all my adult life. Filed a few claims including a situation where my wife sideswiped both our cars backing out of the driveway. I've never had a rate increase and they've handled the claims very quickly.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:05 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

insurance cant live with them.can't live without . they have there way . but state farm is one of the best. if not the best .they can make you happy or madder than hell .insurance is a strange business. and everything is fine if you dont havta use them . if you do now that is a another story as you know.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I had Allstate for 25 years without ever filing a claim for anything. My house was robbed and my loss was in the neighborhood of $15,000. Insurance only paid $5,000 of it because most was jewelery and I did not have riders for coverage above the standard amount. Then they trippled my annual premium. I tried to switch insurance companies and can't because I have had a calim within the last 5 years. Getting robbed by my own insurance company makes me feel more violated than getting robbed by burglers!

Quick Reply: State Farm