General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tv Install in an 06 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
I fully defend his right to mount a TV OR ANYTHING ELSE he wants on HIS BIKE! My only question would be where the fu** do you mount the satellite dish?
See page 10782 in Harley's P&A catalog for this dish mounting kit. Seriously.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sometimes a trick mod like that could get you 1st place in a good show with some phat cash in hand to walk away with....
more power to ya for thinkin outside the box .....

Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A tv on the bike is only worth it if you're watching **** at 80mph. That's living on the edge.

Last edited by Turbinesaint; 02-14-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by customrydes
First of all I didn't put this post on here for all of your smart *** remarks. I have read other threads where you guys want to make comments about what someone else is installing on their bike. What one person does to his bike is his business and his choice and doesn't do it to please anyone else. Do I make a dumb *** comment about you guys that add a million ****ing gay *** neon lights to your bike and make it look like a UFO going down the road, well I can say no I don't. If you don't like it look the other ****ing way. I will build my bike the way that I want it and you build yours the way that you want it. I work hard for my money defending our country on a daily basis and if I want to spend my money by adding a TV to my bike then dammit I am going to do it and don't need your ****ing opinion. Oh and by the way yes I am adding a 26" wheel to my bike. If you do not have any helpful information on this thread then I would appreciate it if you would keep you comments to yourself.

Thanks
SGT. Killion
U.S. Army
I think that's the issue...you looking the other way...at the "Tv"...while riding.

And that's as bad as "a million ****ing gay *** neon lights".

Do yourself a favor bud and toughen up.

Here's a kitten eating a red x so your feelings don't get hurt again.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 AM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Willmont
I think it's a great idea. I am having trouble watching Debbie Does Dallas or Bridget the Midget on my Droid. I think i could still see over a 27" tv and then get rid of my uncool shield.
I think you on to something here... Mount a video camera on the front of the bike and use the tv as a shield that you could overlay a video feed on top of the feed from the camera.

Playing Super Hang-On (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hang-On) while riding would be totally bad-***.

Do they make chrome 27" leds?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by customrydes
Got a question for everybody. I am purchasing a new flip out tv for my 06 FLHX and was wondering if anyone has done one of these installs and could help out with some tips. I am looking for anyone who might know where to find the wire harness adapter and a face plate adapter that I may need to install this radio/tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had to relocate my quick detach mocrwave oven, move the GPS next to the MP3, which caused issue's with the air compressor for my heated/inflatable seat. Then I had to figure out how my boogie lites would work and not cause the air horn to short out. you get the idea? It won't be easy but you can do it.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, this is funny stuff. Customrydes has a choice of either installing a fold out tv or not but most of the answers are from folks that are screwed with Attention Deficit Disorder for life....the lemmings are everywhere. I guess he should have been researching ...um let see, what motor cycle should he buy, should he put nitrogen in his tire or not, will I get more performance if I take the Cat out of my head pipes, what exhaust should I buy, what windshield is right for me and other stupid *** questions that the more serious bikers are asking.....JEEEZ!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,171 Likes on 6,710 Posts

Seems kinda like putting a cement mixer on a boat, but the wiring is the easy part. The hard part is getting the cable guy to actually show up between 8am-5pm on a Tuesday.

If you could put a camera pointing out the back, that would be freaky.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
daytonamike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different

Whooo, don't know if I should post or not. Gettin Nasty. I have a single din am/fm,gps, bluetooth,dvd player on my bike. I got it off ebay for $250. It plays great. Only problem is that if you want to watch it during the daytime, you are out of luck. It's way to bright to see the screen. At night, it's sweet. I have dvd's of concerts (AC/DC) and it sounds great. Now, the issue of driving with the dvd. Yea, it's illegial, plus most units have a built in safety where you cannot have the dvd playing while driving. Yea, you can circumvent the system (it tells how under a google search). I did install a switch, just in case I do want the screen to show on the dvd, but I haven't used it yet. Another downside is that these units are not waterproof, so carry a small tarp with you. All in all, I like it. And fellows, lighten up a little. What would it be like if we all had the same bikes?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I can always count on this forum for some hilarious replies to a ridiculous question. This forum is better than tv.

Quick Reply: Tv Install in an 06 Street Glide