General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tv Install in an 06 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile TV huh?

I would comment, but I just don't care.
Have fun with your TV and thanks for your service.

GSF

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
fella
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gobblerhuntr
Please be careful if you decide to do it.
Or not...& take yourself out of the gene pool!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 PM
customrydes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all noone said I was going to watch it while riding. Obviously that is not safe and the TV is for show only, and before anyone says anything I do ride my bikes that I build and so do my customers, we do not build trailer queens. Have none of you ever built a custom motorcycle. I myself have been building custom bikes for many many years. Thank you to all that have posted and been helpful. I found an install kit from Hawg wired that includes the adapter harness so that you can still use your handlebar controls. I wanted to use a plug and play setup and not have to cut into the harnesses.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with it. If it is just a customizing thing to say look what I got, then I don't get it either. Bikes are meant to ride, and if doesn't add to the whole ride experience, then why? If you were looking to mount a large touch screen for GPS or stereo, then sure, but don't understand the tv.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by customrydes
First of all noone said I was going to watch it while riding. Obviously that is not safe and the TV is for show only, and before anyone says anything I do ride my bikes that I build and so do my customers, we do not build trailer queens. Have none of you ever built a custom motorcycle. I myself have been building custom bikes for many many years. Thank you to all that have posted and been helpful. I found an install kit from Hawg wired that includes the adapter harness so that you can still use your handlebar controls. I wanted to use a plug and play setup and not have to cut into the harnesses.
Oh, the TV is for show only. Well, that's different. Can you build me a bike that I can ride with a show-only dining room table, please? BTW, who is "noone", the guy from Herman's Hermits? And who cares what he has to say?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Is your job defending our Country on a daily basis or building bikes for your customers.Just curious and enjoy that TV!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Hutch1999
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly though I'd talk to some real audio experts that deal with this stuff on a daily basis. I'm sure it's been done before. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 AM
The Lost Pirate
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all I didn't put this post on here for all of your smart *** remarks. I have read other threads where you guys want to make comments about what someone else is installing on their bike. What one person does to his bike is his business and his choice and doesn't do it to please anyone else. Do I make a dumb *** comment about you guys that add a million ****ing gay *** neon lights to your bike and make it look like a UFO going down the road, well I can say no I don't. If you don't like it look the other ****ing way. I will build my bike the way that I want it and you build yours the way that you want it. I work hard for my money defending our country on a daily basis and if I want to spend my money by adding a TV to my bike then dammit I am going to do it and don't need your ****ing opinion. Oh and by the way yes I am adding a 26" wheel to my bike. If you do not have any helpful information on this thread then I would appreciate it if you would keep you comments to yourself.

Thanks
SGT. Killion
U.S. Army

Calm down dude.... By the way your SGLI or TSGLI will not pay out when you wreck with a TV on your bike. Watching it or not. Further more you won't get a dime when the insurance adjuster from _____________ insurance company comes out and finds a TV on your bike. Other wise go to a marine supply store most bike mods like that come from boat mods.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 AM
richmac64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe how many people jumped on this guy for asking about putting a tv on his bike. I don't recall it being an opinion poll about whether he should put it on or not. The man asked for some help with the wiring, nothing else. I guess I don't understand why everyone must give their opinion and then act like their just kidding or tell him to calm down. It's his bike let him do with it what he wants. Normally I just let this stuff go by but I just thought it was ridiculous how many people thought they should give their opinions about it. Oh yeah, I think it's funny how he also gets legal advice too.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:21 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First of all I didn't put this post on here for all of your smart *** remarks. I have read other threads where you guys want to make comments about what someone else is installing on their bike. What one person does to his bike is his business and his choice and doesn't do it to please anyone else. Do I make a dumb *** comment about you guys that add a million ****ing gay *** neon lights to your bike and make it look like a UFO going down the road, well I can say no I don't. If you don't like it look the other ****ing way. I will build my bike the way that I want it and you build yours the way that you want it. I work hard for my money defending our country on a daily basis and if I want to spend my money by adding a TV to my bike then dammit I am going to do it and don't need your ****ing opinion. Oh and by the way yes I am adding a 26" wheel to my bike. If you do not have any helpful information on this thread then I would appreciate it if you would keep you comments to yourself.

Thanks
SGT. Killion
U.S. Army
You are putting a TV - mom's minivan accessory - on a &^%$#@! motorcycle - what did you expect besides smart *** remarks?

A man who is putting a (*&^%$# television on a motorcycle has no room to call neon - or ANYTHING else - "gay ***." I guess adding that you're a sergeant in the Army was supposed to make you seem more manly, in response to the insults, but it just makes it worse, not better (to me, anyhow).

Look at the reactions here and think about it for a minute. The people you'll meet in the real world are even less soccer-mom-ish than the ones who post on internet forums. Don't expect them to think it's cool.

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
I fully defend his right to mount a TV OR ANYTHING ELSE he wants on HIS BIKE! My only question would be where the fu** do you mount the satellite dish?
Nobody said he doesn't have a "right" to do it...just like everybody else on a motorcycle - probably even those gay sportbikers - has a "right" to make fun of him for doing it.

Originally Posted by richmac64
I can't believe how many people jumped on this guy for asking about putting a tv on his bike. I don't recall it being an opinion poll about whether he should put it on or not. The man asked for some help with the wiring, nothing else.
He put it out in public on a public forum - everything's an opinion poll.

Last edited by brenn; 02-14-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Tv Install in an 06 Street Glide