General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tv Install in an 06 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=VA Biker;9396653]I dont know why you guys are giving him such a hard time about putting a TV on his bike. Last week I had a laptop instaled on my Fat Bob so I can post on HD forums like Im doing right now and I had no issssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeesssssss

crap.

What happened? Hit a bump in the road there?

Old 02-18-2012, 03:33 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

My initial thought was you needed to be careful to not install the TV near the hot tub, but then I realized, being mounted on a bike, the TV would need to be waterproof anyway.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Um, lots of people put in dash DVD players on their bikes, why is the such a pouty faced judgmental Harley owner thread?

Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,030 Likes on 17,923 Posts

Originally Posted by customrydes
Got a question for everybody. I am purchasing a new flip out tv for my 06 FLHX and was wondering if anyone has done one of these installs and could help out with some tips. I am looking for anyone who might know where to find the wire harness adapter and a face plate adapter that I may need to install this radio/tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm ........ I'm......... speechless , if your real leave now and don't come back life as you know it about to end in here .

Old 02-18-2012, 05:02 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this place...

I always say, every time I think the topics have hit rock bottom, someone grabs a shovel and starts digging!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
nightmistautomotive
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just one tiny itty bitty question, if you have been building custom motorcycles for years and years "I myself have been building custom bikes for many many years"... shouldn't you know how to build a wiring harness?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:27 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
I love this place...

I always say, every time I think the topics have hit rock bottom, someone grabs a shovel and starts digging!
LMAO Not sure how much deeper it can get.

Really though Sarge, you post something like this on here and get upset with the responses? If you've spent a minute on this forum, you had to know what was coming. Christ, people get ragged on for exhaust and wheel mods and you waltz into the room with a freaking flat screen TV. You had to know what was coming.

But having read through this I was wondering if you considered a laptop with a docking station setup? It would serve the purpose of the TV but give many more options such as a built in DVD, with an internet card, it could have full time direct internet connection for posting to the forum or checking email etc.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

You know as a novelty a TV could be cool. Say you are at your local bike night and you also want to catch the game on TV. People would be swarming around your bike to check it out

Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this place is looking more and more like the Honda forum every day. I hope I never want to do something custom to my bike. I just don't know what I'd do without the approval of all the professionals on here..

Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,030 Likes on 17,923 Posts

Originally Posted by JBourquin
Wow, this place is looking more and more like the Honda forum every day. I hope I never want to do something custom to my bike. I just don't know what I'd do without the approval of all the professionals on here..
Custom is one thing , TV and motorcycle shouldn't even be mentioned the same forum much less as something to be joined together . I'm leaning to nice trolling on the OP's part if not I hope somebody kicks his *** the first time that bike goes public and steals it .

Quick Reply: Tv Install in an 06 Street Glide