General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolest / best event @ Myrtle Beach Bike week 5-11 to 5-28

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
56tbird
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KahunaJim
Why go to all the trouble detouring around this or that to get someone to take your money?? Why not go somewhere where you're wanted? My friend went down there last summer and when he rented his condo they said NO BIKES!! It was nowhere near bike week, guess they just don't want them anytime. **** on em....

I went to Biketoberfest in Daytona and had a huge time and am doing Thunder Beach this spring. I work hard for my money and I'll give it to someone who appreciates it. To many bike rallys to do otherwise.
It's not detouring at all...the way the strand is set up, it starts at Little River, then its North MB, MB, Surfside, Garden City, Murrels Inlet.
Most of the action is at Murrels Inlet and North MB... which had NO restrictions. Using rt 17 Bypass is like using the expressway..its faster and doesn't add any mileage. Even when I went down with the family to vacation, I never spent much time in MB...mostly I was on the South Strand..no loss for me at all.
This entire MB crackdown was way overblown.
There are plenty of places that will rent to bikers in the MB area, and there is more than one complex in Kissimmee, FLA that won't...like where my parents are staying this month.
JMHO, but other than the Keys, you can have FLA.. just not my thing.

Last edited by 56tbird; 02-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure I'll ride down one Sat or Sun during the rally. Usually do and haven't had any problems with cops or any one else.
Three times I've stayed a night or more and still had no problems. Twice at hotel/motel and once in a condo.
There definitely is less people and things to see.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
gaslog4
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by orangevette
kinda political battle between myrtle beach harley davidson and the event coordinators and merchants for myrtle beach bike week. some are boycotting the harley davidson dealer affiliated events and harley davidson dealer is laying claim to 72 years of sponsoring event when there was no dealer in SC until 1948. So If you go to bike week it will be a lot of fun down at murrels inlet as always but if you come to cruising the coast that the dealer is sponsoring your going to be neck deep in sport bikes and parking lot fights at burger king and kentucky fried chicken cause you were lookin at someone's Ho.
This post is very Mean Spirted, Hateful and Racist. I am a Black Man and have attended bike week for the past 10 plus years with my wife and friends. Statements or Opinions like yours Reinforce Stereotypes and do not do a lot to promote Racial Harmony..... How would you feel if I referred to Your Daughter, Your Wife or Your Mother,who I do not know as a "HO"?.... If this is the way you feel, I dont think this Public Forum is where this statement Should Have Been Voiced...Lets keep the topics on Bikes and Stay Away from Race and Religion...

Old 02-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Well there was another meeting on this subject tonight,and the vote on the vender permits will be Feb 28. Please everyone remember this whole situation got started from Phil the owner of MBHD opening his mouth,and starting crap. Please everyone if you do happen to go down,boycott MBHD for starting all of this confusion.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 AM
2011_Glide
Cruiser

kinda political battle between myrtle beach harley davidson and the event coordinators and merchants for myrtle beach bike week. some are boycotting the harley davidson dealer affiliated events and harley davidson dealer is laying claim to 72 years of sponsoring event when there was no dealer in SC until 1948. So If you go to bike week it will be a lot of fun down at murrels inlet as always but if you come to cruising the coast that the dealer is sponsoring your going to be neck deep in sport bikes and parking lot fights at burger king and kentucky fried chicken cause you were lookin at someone's Ho.
I agree with all of this here from everyone. The only reason that I go is because I only live 3 hours north of MB and have a free place to stay when I do decide to go. If you are in the same boat or still do want to go, Like what was already mentioned, stay around Murrell's Inlet. you can have a good time down there. And don't go the last weekend when most of the sport bikes start coming into the area.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 AM
tiretronix
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaslog4
This post is very Mean Spirted, Hateful and Racist. I am a Black Man and have attended bike week for the past 10 plus years with my wife and friends. Statements or Opinions like yours Reinforce Stereotypes and do not do a lot to promote Racial Harmony..... How would you feel if I referred to Your Daughter, Your Wife or Your Mother,who I do not know as a "HO"?.... If this is the way you feel, I dont think this Public Forum is where this statement Should Have Been Voiced...Lets keep the topics on Bikes and Stay Away from Race and Religion...
Well said gaslog. Life is too short to be spouting out racial remarks like that, but lets face it both sides are guilty. I try to have fun and treat everybody equal, but I admit the remark "Ho" kinda made me laugh inside. Reason being, my wife is Native American and I was thinking what if he called her a "Squaw". I am sure that I wouldn't been able to save him before she whooped his ***.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:41 AM
jrobinson424
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went last year. Stayed the whole week. Never saw one cop messing with anyone. And I rode from sun up to sun down everyday. There was a smaller crowd than usual. But they did repeal the helmet law so you don't have to wear it in city limits anymore. I never saw once where anyone was pulled over for loud pipes either. I stayed right in the middle of Ocean Blvd. The only time I ever saw a cop at all was when a chick riding a bicycle pulled out in front of a van and he killed her. So I don't think it was that bad. OR as bas as some folks make it out to be. I had a great time.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:26 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
FUMB

Not a dime till the end of time.
Exactly my sentiments!!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:38 AM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member

Went once and I'll never go back, after being to Daytona and Laconia MB is a joke. It's kinda like the Delmarva bike week or as some call it Ocean City bike week, one big or should I say small joke. Total waste of time and money.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gaslog4
Mean Spirited, Hateful, & Racist are a lot of the reasons I avoid Myrtle Beach. I attended the event several years ago & found the area pleasing, but the people less than friendly. Even with that my wife & I thought it would be an interesting place to stop on our way up the east coast. One year while RV'ing up the coast we were denied access to three campgrounds in Myrtle Beach, & insulted at the one we had to settle for simply because we were towing a motorcycle. A few years later we were riding through the area & were greeted at every restaurant & shop with suspicion. We were watched like we were going to steal everything in sight, & everyone told us we needed to "be careful", & we were there at the "wrong time". We were "warned" that those "other" bikers, the "BLACK" ones were there. In other words, we found most of the locals unfriendly & racist. Add to that the helmet fiasco & the local attempt to end the bike event & they convinced me. They don't want my money. I still travel that route nearly every year, but I always get gas before reaching Myrtle Beach, ride through, & leave nothing but exhaust.

Quick Reply: Coolest / best event @ Myrtle Beach Bike week 5-11 to 5-28