Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US shipping address

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:45 PM
frankharley07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-12-2012, 06:53 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I use MYUS.com. I forward stuff to the philippines all the time and they use either FedEx or DHL. From US, I can receive in under 3 days once they ship. Really convenient.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DonN
I use MYUS.com. I forward stuff to the philippines all the time and they use either FedEx or DHL. From US, I can receive in under 3 days once they ship. Really convenient.
+1. I was going to suggest this service, too. They give you an address in the US and then forward one item or several items you've purchased from different vendors in the same package. You still generally need to have a CC registered to a U.S. address or a U.S. Paypal account to buy from dealers in the U.S.

DonN~
I've been thinking of signing up with MyUS. How has this service been for you? Are they pretty reasonable? I see that they will send via USPS as well upon request. I find FedEx and DHL to be expensive sending stuff to Japan.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
+1. I was going to suggest this service, too. They give you an address in the US and then forward one item or several items you've purchased from different vendors in the same package. You still generally need to have a CC registered to a U.S. address or a U.S. Paypal account to buy from dealers in the U.S.

DonN~
I've been thinking of signing up with MyUS. How has this service been for you? Are they pretty reasonable? I see that they will send via USPS as well upon request. I find FedEx and DHL to be expensive sending stuff to Japan.
I use them probably once a month and never had a problem. I use the service where they hold your packages until you want to ship and save charges. Otherwise, they will automatically ship when the receive. I tend to order stuff for several of my buddies so helps to consolidate.

Also, I use DHL as they manage to get thru the Philippines without charging customs, so its cheaper than UPS for me.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Don't they have HD dealers in Canada where you can buy stuff?
Unfortunately Canadian MSRP = US MSRP + 25-30%
Then add 13% sales tax.

Ordering from various H-D dealers across the USA, then shipping to our nearest border town for pickup would save me any state tax. There is no duty on MC parts, so I would only pay the 13% sales tax at the border. If the total parts are under $200.00 the Customs Officers generally give me a pass.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 PM
teflon
Road Captain

If you want to lay the blame somewhere put it on Deely's! They are the biggest reason our parts/bikes are so expensive, they have a vice grip on the entire Canadian market. I think HD USA needs to find a way to open up their lock. This is why HD stopped dealers from shipping over here, because Deely is whining. Its not the first time and won't be the last. I understand all about running a business but Deely's way of being iron fisted till the end is ridiculous to say the least.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:40 PM
BCguy
Road Captain

It's not just Deely and it's not just bikes that have a Canadian surcharge added. Price out pretty much anything and it will be cheaper by a large margin in the U.S. The one that really gets me is Bombardier products. Made in Canada, shipped to the U.S. and cheaper there than here. Pisses me off!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I agree, that just plain sucks, when the money is 1=1 now.

I've only been north across the boarder twice in my life.
Once went smooth and no hassle.

The other time I went with 3 other co-workers, one of whom was drunk, When the Lady at the boarder Asked where we were going, he said, to watch the Girls ***** bounce.

About an Hr later we finally got in, after being pulled to the side and questioned..
We about killed that guy when we got back to our hotel that night.