Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting on sunglasses...really?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a ridiculous law...

All she had was remnants on cannabis in her system, that could be from weeks ago, apparently the state doesn't have to prove impairment at the time of the accident. Sorry but seven years in prison in this case is way overkill, 30,000+ people die in MV accidents every year, it happens.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
6speed51
Road Captain
Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

No, accidents don't just happen,someone screws up and an innocent has to pay the price.This attitude that"stuff happens" has got to stop.Someone is responsible.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Rogator
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes
God forbid you ever rear end someone because the sun blinds you?
A good driver would have had their sun glasses on before it hit their eyes. There are way to many drivers oblivious to what is going on. The sun is pretty easy to see and not hard to know its about to be in your line of sight.
I hope they checked her phone for recent calls or texts.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu

All she had was remnants on cannabis in her system, that could be from weeks ago, apparently the state doesn't have to prove impairment at the time of the accident. Sorry but seven years in prison in this case is way overkill, 30,000+ people die in MV accidents every year, it happens.
Excuse me, "she killed people" The rest is bullshit. Be willing to take responsibility for your actions.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Rogator
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE
The only two valid points you make really are texting while driving (if she was, the article didn't say, I read it as sending it before she started driving).[/QUOTE]

IMH0 Anyone that texts and drives does not care about theirs or anyone else's safety and shouldn't be allowed on the road.
I've had many young drivers overtake me on a two lane road while texting an speeding.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogator
[QUOTE
The only two valid points you make really are texting while driving (if she was, the article didn't say, I read it as sending it before she started driving).
"IMH0 Anyone that texts and drives does not care about theirs or anyone else's safety and shouldn't be allowed on the road.
I've had many young drivers overtake me on a two lane road while texting an speeding.[/QUOTE]"
Texting, my ***. Cell phones, period. You get a call you have to answer, pull your *** over, if you can't ignore the call. On a scooter I check my calls when I stop and call back or not. In my truck the phone hangs on a strip of velcro so I can see who calls. If it's important, I pull over, if not I'll call ya later. There is no gray here.

Last edited by vet767; 02-09-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu

Would 7 years have been overkill if it was your family that was killed?

Jeez. Some people say the stupidest things. The above is one of them.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:52 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cannibis can stay detectable in your system for 6 weeks after you have, intentionally or unintentionally, inhaled it. I think she should not have walked past the smokers on the corner a month ago...or held her breath when she did. As for the sunglasses...that's why I like the flip-downs.
Just sayin'
As for texting while she was driving? I never read anywhere...other than the speculations of some posters here...that she was driving while texting. As for not feeling well enough to drive, that is an unknown. Maybe she was experiencing morning sickness. If so, then maybe the legislators will have to consider pregnancy as a debilitating disease. I don't know...does anyone else in this thread know?

I'm not in any way trying to say she wasn't at fault, but I wasn't there and haven't read anything in the reporter's article as to why she rear-ended the car...other than putting on her sunglasses. In that respect, I agree that she should have realized that the sun was going to shine in her eyes and had the sunglasses on before it actually was shining in her eyes....unless she was in a tunnel or something.

Last edited by arcticharleyman; 02-09-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: After-thoughts
Old 02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Off topic..Babalu...nice bike. Have you ever scraped the bottom of your bags? Looks like they are pretty close to the ground.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 PM
2011RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stupid Bitch deserves the seven years.... plus a few more for being a dumbass.

The article plainly states she WAS texting, as late as 8:23am. The wreck happened around 8:25am, thats within a reasonable amount of time, given differences in peoples watches, dispatch calls, etc, etc, to assume she probably was texting within seconds of the crash, plus she plainly admitted reaching for sunglasses(distracted driving). high or not, doesnt matter, her actions killed that couple

"Bernard testified that sun reflecting off the passing motorcycles created a “strobe light” effect, she reached for sunglasses and rear-ended the Civic."

suppose a hunter shot a high powered rifle through a small wooded area but towards a school playground during recess, theyd be calling for a ban on hunting and guns, but its ok if some **** kills another biker, it was all that chrome reflecting in the sun that blinded her, hell the bikers pretty much asked for it right, damn scooter trash!!!

Last edited by 2011RoadKing; 02-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.