General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fat boy slim

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it. Got there 4 hours after they unloaded it and hope it's mine. The handlebars are comfortable. I'm hoping it handles like I think it will given the tire sizes. But I think Smitty has it right.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never fails...

Someone can ask "what do you THINK" about something, and there's always a few people who get their panties in a wad because someone "THINKS" differently than they do...

That being said, I saw the bike on a showroom floor Sat, and it's nothing I'd trade my Train for...

But if it makes YOU reach for YOUR checkbook, I'm cool with YOUR choice.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

every spring you see one or two young new harley riders on their pride and joy, some barn find basket case that they built on scrounged up change over the winter.. i was one of them a long time ago.. nothing wrong, it is a true biker being hatched on there low budget rattle can hack saw special. then 20 years later when you want to relive that piece of junk but dont have the creativity or determination to build it anymore, there is the fatboy slim.. built and customized by a 16yo broke *** half wit strait from the factory.

Last edited by j1mmy; 02-13-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Good for you, NIGHT TRAIN! Thank you! Somebody else gets it!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
fella
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw one at my local dealer today. I wasn't impressed! The overall look is...cheap w/o being cheap. I didn't mind the denim black thing a couple of years ago, hell I even bought a FatBoy Lo. But now it just seems kinda played out.
Plus the resemblance to this is too close...

Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I was gonna say it looked ok from that angle then I realized it was a Honda. LOL

Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
MADDOG187
Road Master

well , i had my taste ride ,
i rode my fat bob to the dealers so i could try them both back to back , and i must say that apart from the look of the thing , which is fantastic IMHO , its not for me ,
the motor is OK , it felt a little sluggish at first , even with the 103" engine, which surprised me , but once your chugging along , its passable .

the brakes are dyer , dangerous in fact , or completely **** for want of a better word .....lol
and the seat isn't as comfortable as my fat bob,s , about the same as a street bob i would say ,
i felt a little ,on the bike , instead of the , in the bike, kind of feeling i get on the SB ,
so in some respects it felt a little to retro , more like an old BSA , or a Norton , or something ,
the test ride never instilled any confidence for me in the bikes ability , so i always felt a little uneasy , i even had a rear end slid going round a roundabout , so not good .
saying that though , if i had pulled up on my old nightster , and wasn't comparing everything , or riding it like my SB , i would have probably loved it , (so don't right it off )
its not a bad bike , it just doesn't come close to a Fat Bob in any department specially the handling and breaking .

on the bright side ........ i saved 5K , which is what it would have cost me to change , so there is a silver lining
it does look fantastic though ,

Last edited by MADDOG187; 02-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fella
Saw one at my local dealer today. I wasn't impressed! The overall look is...cheap w/o being cheap. I didn't mind the denim black thing a couple of years ago, hell I even bought a FatBoy Lo. But now it just seems kinda played out.
Plus the resemblance to this is too close...
true, Honda has been making Fat Boy Slims for a few years now

Old 02-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Lindsey141
Road Master

I like it. but not enough to buy one for myself.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 AM
dparker747
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It made a great upgrade for my wife's 883L...sits low enough stock that we don't have to modify it so that she can reach the ground.

Quick Reply: fat boy slim