General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cali Riders..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 AM
hommes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ride your&^%$ off

one ride in this place and you'll never be the same again.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:01 AM
dfndr
Road Master

Been riding here about 45 years. Never stopped. Only problems I've seen are small town cops messing with minorities or anyone who fits "doper profile".

Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Keep it up guys and the rest of the country is going to move here.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
garslayer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What cops? Nothing but blue skies, smooth roads, light breezes and gorgeous women in one piece bikinis all day. Seriously: pipes on my scoot are loud and HB motor officers occasionally give "the wave" without resorting to ruining my riding days with paper promises to appear.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Born and raised in California for 30 years. . .trying to figure out a way to buy out my cousin's share of my grandparents house in Monterey and move home. I miss the ocean too much.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Finn111
Road Warrior

Can't really add much to what's already been said; Great Weather, No Leo Trouble (Unless your an ***, or at the occasional Noise Trap) Everything from Superslabs to Twisties, PCH, except for a stretch through L.A. Desert to Mountains and everything in between.

It SUCKS HERE, Stay Away!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Friend of mine has been hassled twice in the last year by LEOs for the vertical plate on the bike but never has gotten a ticket for it. I keep telling her it's only because they want her phone number (she is smoking hot) as both my bikes have vertical plates too and I never get pulled over. She rides with a non-DOT helmet and they didn't say squat about that.

So if you're female and hot, you may get hassled...other than that, like others have said don't do stupid crap and you'll be fine.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Salchicha
Advanced

Only contact with Law Enforcement is motor cops giving me the wave...other than that golden weather and the ability to ride 365.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Outta all my years of riding the only problems I have had 3 problems. One in East LA where I was pulled over for color and basically told not to come back into his town or I will be cited for every mod I had on my bike. Second one was in Downey where I was pulled over by Gang unit and searched and a report was taken of my club information. The third was in Huntington beach (Near Huntington beach pier). I guess you can say I had many problems there in the past but I count it as only one due to it was the same location. It was another gang report where they took pictures of me and my colors and my info. Why they had to have 7 LEOs there is beyond me. Because of how crowded it was there it caused a crowd of onlookers. Then a few years before that I got a ticket for non DOT helmet, License plate not vertical, Turn signals not a minimum of 13.5 inches apart and loud pipes. I just try and stay away from that area.

Other than that there is no other place I would rather be.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
CEJohnson21
Road Master

We get to ride almost every day, and there are some great back roads all over the state. The back roads are sometimes a little busy on the weekends, but mostly wide open during the week. The freeways suck during rush hour, but they're OK the rest of the time.

If you act like an a$$ the cops will take a closer look at you, and that's OK with me. If you act reasonable you won't have a problem.

Given all that, when I retire in a couple of years I'm moving out of California. It has nothing to do with the cops or the riding. It's all the political BS. I can't wait to leave. I'll come back to visit and ride, but I don't want to live here anymore.

Quick Reply: Cali Riders..